New Maxx Yep another Battery question!

Reaction score
Hello Everyone

Ok I need to know your secrets - I am coming from a OG Razr to the Razr Maxx Just got it yesterday. I did what I read here charge it turned phone off till it reach 100% after a day of installing and making sure apps work the battery died quick figure it would. Not passing judgement on first charge.

So Last night I waited for the Maxx to reach 15% which took till this morning, I turn the phone off and charge it to 100% again.
So after Texting, took one picture, web surfing, playing some games which are

Scrabble with friends
Draw Something
Hanging with Friends
Word with friends
little Angry Bird Space

After all that I am down to 60% battery and 3 hours 47 minutes usage. Do you think that about right for this battery for some reason it doesn't seem any better then my OG RAZR. If you have some good smart action set up would love to hear about them as well.

Should I top the Maxx off through out the day or just wait till it down to 15% again? Missing the white of my OG Razr!

Thank you for any help my OCD is kicking in bad over this phone!

Last edited:

Ag3nt X

Reaction score
Hello Everyone

Ok I need to know your secrets - I am coming from a OG Razr to the Razr Maxx Just got it yesterday. I did what I read here charge it turned phone off till it reach 100% after a day of installing and making sure apps work the battery died quick figure it would. Not passing judgement on first charge.

So Last night I waited for the Maxx to reach 15% which took till this morning, I turn the phone off and charge it to 100% again.

Scrabble with friends
Draw Something
Hanging with Friends
Word with friends
little Angry Bird Space

After all that I am down to 60% battery and 3 hours 47 minutes usage. Do you think that about right for this battery for some reason it doesn't seem any better then my OG RAZR. If you have some good smart action set up would love to hear about them as well.

Should I top the Maxx off through out the day or just wait till it down to 15% again? Missing the white of my OG Razr!

Your battery has a certain number of charging cycles that it will accept before it goes bad. So if you want to use them up as quick as possible then go for it and charge it every hour. If you want your battery to last longer then Charge it when needed. This phone for most users will make it easy to get by on charging once a day at the end of the day. You just don't want to completely discharge the battery unless it is an emergency as this also will reduce the life of your battery.

Last edited:

ultra09hd

Reaction score
Either the battery is bad from factory or you just need to setup smart actions ...
I've got over 12 hrs mediocre use with net on wifi and 4g and battery was still showing %40 on my razr

bruben7886

Diamond Member
Reaction score
This thread has excellent answers to all your razr battery questions. If it gets too techy for you look up any of FoxKat's battery posts. All answers are well researched and easy to understand. By the time you get done you will understand that frequent charging is actually better for your battery life.
Agent x before you flame me back for disagreeing with you, read the link.
Of course, all credit goes to Prof. FoxKat :)

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

weatherlover1

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Hello Everyone

Scrabble with friends
Draw Something
Hanging with Friends
Word with friends
little Angry Bird Space

Now is that 3hrs 47 minutes since you have seen 100% battery or 3hrs 47 minutes of screen on? My phone came off the charger at 7:30am. I have played Draw Something, Words with Friends texted did some surfing used 3G and GPS while at church today as well as my bible app. I have 2hrs 36 mins of screen on and I am at 57% battery. It's 9:30PM that to me is awesome battery life! When I am home I have my phone set to only wifi with gps and 3G off and when I leave the house wifi goes off and 3g and gps comes on. What kind of battery life are you expecting? Just curious..