Maxx -vs- Maxx

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
So upon activating the new maxx, its painfully obvious that my other maxx had battery issues. I charged this phone to 100% before activation, and the old maxx was at 100% before the switch.

The new maxx should discharge quicker since its new, first charge. But the old one is going down faster!!! I do remember though, that sometimes the phone lasts a while on the first few charged, then starts to go down quickly.

I shall keep close tabs on both.

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!

Trash Can

Reaction score
The new maxx should discharge quicker since its new, first charge. But the old one is going down faster!!! I do remember though, that sometimes the phone lasts a while on the first few charged, then starts to go down quickly.

Actually, these new batteries do not require conditioning.

thaDroidz

Silver Member
Reaction score
You need to have all the same apps and setup before you can accurately compare ...

----posted maxx'ed out----

OP
94lt1

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
You need to have all the same apps and setup before you can accurately compare ...

I'm a step ahead of you. Everything is exactly the same. From settings to wall papers, the number of songs stored on the SD, the class of the SD, brightness level, cases are the same.... I've got it down to the smallest detail that I can manipulate.

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!

OP
94lt1

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
The few differences are the email accounts, but they both are setup to a gmail I own, both with the same spam filter, and I'm alternating posts on this very forum with them.

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!

Strike that. Too much of a pita to keep signing in and out. I'll keep things as even as I can.

Last edited:

thaDroidz

Silver Member
Reaction score
The few differences are the email accounts, but they both are setup to a gmail I own, both with the same spam filter, and I'm alternating posts on this very forum with them.

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!

Strike that. Too much of a pita to keep signing in and out. I'll keep things as even as I can.

Lmfao...
:)

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Actually, these new batteries do not require conditioning.

This is true. A new LIPO battery will hold more capacity than an old one and will therefore take longer to deplete given the same current draw.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk with speech to text translation. Please excuse any minor grammatical/punctuation/spelling errors.

OP
94lt1

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
This is true. A new LIPO battery will hold more capacity than an old one and will therefore take longer to deplete given the same current draw.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk with speech to text translation. Please excuse any minor grammatical/punctuation/spelling errors.

The difference is only 2 months. Think it'll make that much difference?

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!

OP
94lt1

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I don't think the difference would be all that significant. Idk though. We'll see. I think its gonna wind up pretty even in the next week, I shall see.

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!

OP
94lt1

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
So the new maxx is far better for battery life. Better than the old one ever was. So I called Motorola and talked to a person whom was almost paying attention... they're sending out a label as they call it, to ship that phone back to them. This should be interesting. I'm checking again after a reboot of the old phone, since it was having glitches... giving it another opportunity.

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!

yaterml

Reaction score
I would installed watchdog enable process monitoring on both I bet you might had a few processes running higher on the old version.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using DroidForumsDroidForumsw

OP
94lt1

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I would installed watchdog enable process monitoring on both I bet you might had a few processes running higher on the old version.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using DroidForumsDroidForumsw

I think I shall

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!

OP
94lt1

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
So an anomaly has reared its head. The first razr maxx froze again, and just kept going in circles of reboots. It sorted itself out and the battery life has improved. Idk though. This makes twice that its done the circles of revolts. See the " something smells" post lmao. Thoughts? It's stock by the way.

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!

OP
94lt1

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
The phones are now neck and neck.

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!

thaDroidz

Silver Member
Reaction score
The phones are now neck and neck.

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!

What kinda time you looking at, mainly interested in screen on as that seems to be a major factor & total time of course.