Battery Life

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Your solid blue line is your WiFi. Try checking it with WiFi off and just running on the radios. I accidentally turned on WiFi and my battery went into a nose dive.

Sent from my XT1080 using Droid Forums

That's exactly what it was, thanks. So I wonder if it's a problem or not? Or if that's simply how it looks?

ajarnfalang

Reaction score
That's exactly what it was, thanks. So I wonder if it's a problem or not? Or if that's simply how it looks?

It keeps looking for a wifi modem to connect to it. All phones are the same. Wifi just turn on if you need it.

lloydstrans

Banned
Reaction score
I don't think any of my previous motos did that (awake/blue) but I'm not a big WiFi fan when I'm unlimited. Typically when on WiFi I'm abusing the phone so it's awake. Going to run a test on my RAZR MAXX.

Sent from my XT1080 using Droid Forums

BlueLions81

Reaction score
Total battery used divided by percent used by screen divided by time screen on equals percent used by screen per hour.
In the posts above it looks like 6.5 and 5.5%/hour of screen on time.
That's much better than my RAZR Maxx.
I wonder if screen on includes the active notifications screen time.
Another big consideration is brightness. Also what you're doing with the screen, watching video seems to use less battery per hour than say, browsing and playing games. Maybe the on and off uses more than constant on?
There are many variables it's really hard to compare even just looking at screen use.
The only way i can get screen on time like that is with brightness so low that this old fart can't see it.
GSam app will break down screen time by brightness as well as many other useful data points.
Thanks for this info, I'm leaning toward an upgrade to the Maxx.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 4

My Maxx went down 12% with 1 hour of screen time.

jackiescivic

Diamond Member
Reaction score
4evanura.jpg

Sent from my Droid Maxx

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
ha3ydete.jpg

qamy8egy.jpg

Could squeeze 8 hours of screen time on single charge as long as stay in decent signal area.

Clamshell

Reaction score
How long does it take to charge this beast from 0 to fully charged with a moto wall charger?
Did a search but didn't see this info anywhere. I'm seriously considering this for my next phone.

lloydstrans

Banned
Reaction score
According to Motorola 3-5 hours.

Sent from my DUM phone using Droid Forums