My Razr MAXX has a horrible battery life! What's going on??

Crf450r420

Reaction score
Mine also

Mr.Colwell's Razr Maxx covered with an otterbox defender with an invisisheild screen protector! ®™

Looked last night an my OS was the second drain after my phone calls, so the OS does a lot. I wonder if turning off the smart actions will reduce it some. I have wondered if Tasker or Smart actions would take more power. Problem is I have Tasker doing many things SA can't do. I have not figured out how to do no motion as a trigger in tasker yet.

YellowJacket

Reaction score
I've had mine for about 10 days now and compared to my EVO (Sprint) which strained to get 9 hours, my Maxx has been regularly pulling 30+ hours on a single charge. The best has been 36 hours with 30% remaining but I didn't want to stretch it any more than that because my next day at work was going to be a long one so I broke down and plugged in.

Typical usage for me is 4 or 5 short calls a day, dozens of texts, and periodic web browsing. I have 4G on, wifi only when needed (rarely as 4g is very strong where I live), GPS on, screen set to auto-brightness and I usually use short beeps for ringers and notifications.

Compared to what I was using prior, this is leaps and bounds forward for me.

David

morcguy

Reaction score
I have FB running in the background all the time and it never uses more than 5% battery. I charge nightly and at the end of the day I am seeing 60% battery after 16 - 17 hours. 4G all day, Bluetooth all day, smart action to shut off Wifi during work hours. I keep GPS off unless I am using maps.

Crf450r420

Reaction score
Emailed Tasker about doing the no motion like the Smart Actions. They said that leaving the motion sensor on all the time would take more battery so they shut it down when the screen goes off. I wonder if the OS use would go down if I turn that smart action off. I'm gonna give it a try.