My thunderbolt had better battery life

starwolf1336

Reaction score
just got my razr maxx a day or two ago. I had the htc thunderbolt with the 2700 battery before the maxx. Had awesome battery life with the htc but it was time to upgrade. With my bolt i was able to easily get 16 hours a day easy. Since the maxx has a 3300 battery i assumed it would be able to match that.

i have done the same things with the settings as i did with my bolt. Such as brightness, turn auto syncing off, etc. I checked to see what was using the battery the most and it is the display and media server. I only got 6 hours of usage using 3g and only using apps such as email and facebook.

Any ideas on how to increase the battery life?

Caesars

Reaction score
give it a few full charge cycles, I thought the exact same thing compared to my seidio 3kmah epic battery. The first three times it was crap, finally today its showing signs of an actual extended battery. Also if it isn't working right a few charge cycles in, you can always exchange it for a non defective battery.
DROID RAZR MAXX

LuckyHermit

Reaction score
I got 3 days out of my last charge. I mostly used it for texting and phone calls, but I had about 3 hours of video and gaming and 6 hours of music mixed in.
I seem to be getting longer battery life now that I have had it a month than when I first got it. I'd have to charge it every night the first few weeks (battery below 40% at bed time) Now I usually charge it every other night. And my wife is constantly complaining that I'm on my phone too much.
Oh- I also noticed that I have much better battery life since rooting and installing a rom that strips all the bloat off and has optimizations.

Sent from my ROOTED DROID RAZR MAXX running ECLIPSE v1.3 using DroidForums

thaDroidz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Back to the 2700 tbolt vs 3300 MAXX.

Not knowing the dimension of the tbolt screen but just assuming here, but wouldn't the bigger screen on the MAXX be a "big" factor in comparison test? (Pun intended)
3300 doesn't seem like much more juice than 2700.

6hrs of actual display time seems to be the MAXX.
(More pun) :)

----posted maxx'ed out----

RicKaysen

Reaction score
Not sure of the total time I get because, out of habbit, I plug mine in at bed time every night. I will say I have never seen remaining battery below 50% even after a day of heavy use.

alboboy10

Reaction score
Back to the 2700 tbolt vs 3300 MAXX.

Not knowing the dimension of the tbolt screen but just assuming here, but wouldn't the bigger screen on the MAXX be a "big" factor in comparison test? (Pun intended)
3300 doesn't seem like much more juice than 2700.

6hrs of actual display time seems to be the MAXX.
(More pun) :)

They have the same screen size. HTC is only notorious for bad battery cause they put small batteries in their devices. The thunderbolt with a 2700 mah battery was a beast for me

Quicksilver7714

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
The Tbolt had awful battery life on a stock rom. I was not able to get more than 6-8 hours of usage with out turning off all syncing and not singling the phone at all.

Now there is also the smart actions on the Maxx which help maximize battery life.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

tptoddy

Reaction score
I can not charge my maxx for 2 days straight with moderate usage and it won't run out of battery

thaDroidz

Silver Member
Reaction score
427924_3759445909950_1390616444_33499984_571070589_n.jpg
I am looking at 32hrs as of now with 40% left, but that's only 2 hrs display. 2hrs call. Just mainly checking fb and the forums over the weekend.