My Razr MAXX has a horrible battery life! What's going on??

Discussion in 'Droid RAZR MAXX' started by Phillies, Feb 14, 2012.

1. Phillies

Phillies New Member

After having my new Droid Razr Maxx for a few days now, I have realized that the battery is just awful on my phone. With moderate usage of txting and web browsing my battery went from 100% to 20% in 7 1/2 hours. I wasn't on any websites with graphics or videos, and made no phone calls. I have no apps running other that what comes with the phone. And the display was on for about 3 of those hours. I took two pics to show everyone. Is something wrong here? And what are those funny looking blue bars that you can see in both pics??

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  2. z06mike

z06mike New Member

Do you have any widgets running? Facebook? Twitter? Have you let it die fully yet?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
  3. Phillies

Phillies New Member

I do have the facebook app but thats it. I even reduced the display brightness level. And yes i did drain the battery.
  4. nixx

nixx New Member

With the new types of batteries there is no need to "condition" them. My maxx ran for better half of yesterday with my son using "talking tom 2" for hours. Plus web browsing and hours of other games. Watched 30 min of a movie, made about 40 min of calls too. Did not charge at all last night, and ran today. Played about 20 min of music, streamed music for about 45 min, and played about 2 hours of games today. My battery is now at 20%. I am not running facebook or twitter. Have it set to connect to wifi at home. Try if for a few more days then call support and try for a replacement if the issue persists.

**Mine has the blue lines also
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2012
  5. lowfatdog

lowfatdog New Member

Just got mine yesterday. Charged it to full around 10:30 last night. 21 hours on battery. I changed the screen settings to lowest setting, minor usage (web browsing, phone calls , seems like hours toying with settings, text messages and a couple songs) still at 60% battery.
  6. MaXGTS

MaXGTS New Member

I notice in the picture you have 4G LTE and GPS enabled. Disabled them both. They are battery hogs. "nixx" is correct about these batteries not needing "conditioning". What they do need periodically is "calibration". These lithium batteries have a small chip that looks at the battery level and reports it to the device. Over time the battery level it reports to the device starts to get out of whack. Draining the battery until the device shuts off, then charging it back to 100%, recalibrates the chip inside. This is not the same as conditioning. The battery life on my Maxx was not that great the first couple of days. It was only after I did the drain and recharge to 100% that the battery's true potential was unlocked. Try doing that.
  7. thaDroidz

thaDroidz New Member

Looking at the pics something isn't letting it sleep.

The bars represent the usage. Showing that yes your screen was on roughly 50% of the 7hrs, which is why the phone was awake for roughly the same amount.

What's your brightness set at?

----posted maxx'ed out----
  8. Phillies

Phillies New Member

I did put the brightness on the battery saver option where the screen is dimmed a little. So maybe there might be something running in the background 24/7 that is draining thae battery?? I did select the "push" option for my hotmail account. Could that have any effect on the phone necver going to sleep?
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2012
  9. William_04_x

William_04_x Member

When you're at the battery usage screen(your first pic), you can click the individual items on the list (display for instance), and it will give you more detailed information. Go through the list and see if anything looks out of the ordinary.

RAZR MAXX
  10. Phillies

Phillies New Member

Biggest battery hog is the display at 48% and the browser is next at 18%. Dont see anything else that looks odd.
  11. William_04_x

William_04_x Member

Click the individual items on the usage list. It will show usage in time, instead of percentage. Some items will also show keep awake time, cpu usage, and data sent/received.

RAZR MAXX
  12. MaXGTS

MaXGTS New Member

Phillies, try what I said in my previous message before going any further with your battery investigation.
  13. Nealius

Nealius New Member

4g is part of it. But it really looks like your awake time equals your screen on time. The screen being on so long kills your battery. Yes I know how stupid that sounds. You need it on for every thing you do.
    As you get used to the phone it should improve. I can run thru my battery in 4 hours some days and others I get 16 hours. Its a catch 22

Sent from my GummyNex'd Galaxy Nexus!
  14. 94lt1

94lt1 DF Super Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

I can kill my battery in 7 hours, but only if I'm using the browser and fb and surfing here alot. Like constantly, with no breaks. Heck I could probably do it in 5 hrrs

sent from my RAZR MAXX
  15. xxwabbit

xxwabbit Member

Also experiment with the task manager.

From the MAXX
  16. Phillies

Phillies New Member

I haven't had the chance to use my phone much the past few days but I did drain the battery to 0 a few days ago and then did a full charge. I took my phone off the charge 5 hours ago this morning at 100% and did some very light facebook browsing and a few txts. I am now down to 80% with a display time of one hour. But if you look at the battery graphic in the top right corner, you would think my battery is at 90% or something like that. This can't be right....
  17. Phillies

Phillies New Member

Update... Since my last post 30 minutes ago my battery has since dropped to 70% with a little light facebook browsing.... something is wrong here. I checked to see what was eating up my battery and the biggest battery hog percentage wise if fb. But I guess that would make sense as I didn't use anything else... Could the fb app be doing something to drain my battery?
  18. jkaod

jkaod Active Member

I would uninstall FB and then re-install it. I had the same thing happen with weatherbug a while ago on my TB. It was using tons of battery life every time I opened it. A re-install did the trick for me. You can always try a hard reset and re-install all of your apps and start fresh. Sometimes that's the only cure.
  19. newtodroidx

newtodroidx New Member

My battery was at 100% this morning when I unplugged from charger at 7am...I am now at 80% 5 hours later...all I have done is make 2 or 3 short phone calls...do some fb checking and some light web browsing. Does that seem like it is draining fast? I think so considering I really haven't done all that much.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using DroidForums
  20. Phillies

Phillies New Member

And as you can see, not only do I have a bad battery, but the battey icon graphic shows me as having ALOT more than 70% battery life!

[​IMG]
Search tags for this page
best way to condition droid maxx battery
condition razr batery
condition razr maxx battery
conditioning droif maxx battery
do android razor max phones need periodic calibrating?
droid maxx charges half way
droid razr maxx auto end list
fast way to charge razr maxx
fastest way to charge droid razr
how to charge razr maxx faster
how to condition a battery for razr maxx
how to condition razr maxx battery
otterbox defender battery drain

razr maxx battery conditioning