My Droid shut off on me today.......

c freeland

Reaction score
How many have down loaded the home++ app. Mine got less responsive and got kind of unstable just before it shutdown. I did the battery thingy and it came back on, but still slow to respond, the vrz tech suggested maybe it was the home++ app, so I uninstalled it and the phone became much more responsive and stable again. I kinda believe that it was the home++ app causing the problems on mine.

jen_005

Reaction score
How many have down loaded the home++ app. Mine got less responsive and got kind of unstable just before it shutdown. I did the battery thingy and it came back on, but still slow to respond, the vrz tech suggested maybe it was the home++ app, so I uninstalled it and the phone became much more responsive and stable again. I kinda believe that it was the home++ app causing the problems on mine.

Mine did the random shut-down a few days ago, and then a couple times after I installed home++ yesterday. I uninstalled the app and I'm going to see what happens...

It shut down and locked up after I installed Mobile Defense, too. Anyone else have this issue + app?

pbz

Reaction score
How do you back up your apps?

if i did a factory hard reset, will i lose all my contacts

You will lose any apps you haven't backed up. I wouldn't do a hard reset, but just remove apps you recently added that might be causing the shutdown. You lose everything in a hard reset so think about it before you do it.
Your contacts will be pulled from your gmail acct. Just make sure to back them up there before resetting, then you can sync it after the reset and they will all appear.

How do you back up your apps? Thanks!

pbz

Reaction score
phone won't turn on sometimes with full battery

Like many of you, this has happened to me. I have a hard case on my phone, so it's a pain to remove the battery. I usually was near a charger, so I'd just plug it in, and somehow that acted like a reset too.