Phone randomly shut off... had to do a battery reset.

uik

Reaction score
Anyone have this problem? Had the phone for a few days, but it randomly shut off in the morning today. Hit the power button and nothing.

Had to take the battery out and put it back in for it to power back up. Anyone else have this issue? Kinda worried, thought it was bricked...

thoughts?

bamfsig45

Reaction score
That Happened to me the 1st day, never any problems since. Some others have had it happen to them too.

OP
U

uik

Reaction score
that's good to know.

first time happening today... :(

WillRunForBeer

Reaction score
Hmm just happened to me. Thanks for the hint on the battery reset.

I wonder if it's software?

andjarnic

Reaction score
My first phone I got it did it several times. I finally got a replacement via the verizon tech people via phone.. and all has been good till just about 5 mins ago. Hence why I am looking and now replying. My other phone I could pull the battery out and back in right away and it worked great. This one, I just removed the battery, put it back and it still wont come on. It was in the red on the battery and I have it on the USB charger.. so perhaps it was too dead..I don't know. Hell the green LED isn't even flashing for messages. Hoping it didn't just die! If this one dies, I don't know if I want to chance a 3rd one. I am thinking a different android phone at this point. I definitely want android, and I love what this phone could offer, but so many reports of various issues is really starting to make me worried. :(

DMac

Reaction score
Mine just did the same thing last night. Taking the battery out doesn't help, still won't turn on. We're about to head to the store to turn it in and this will be our third droid.

seabass

Reaction score
Just happened to me for the first time. I was in full panic mode until my wife calmly asked, "Did you try taking the battery our and putting it back in?" Her cooler head prevailed.

At the time of the shut-down, my battery was probably around 50%, and the uptime had been about 3 days. I'm going to try doing a full manual shutdown every 2 days and see if that helps at all.

But this does worry me. I've only had this bad boy for a week. I'd really hate if this were a common occurence.

Skrat982

Reaction score
I had a lot of this kind of difficulty. Often would power cycle for no apparant reason. I returned the phone for a new one and have no trouble with the new one. BTW, Verizon was great, just took back the first Droid, set up the new one and I was on my way in 30 minutes!!!:icon_ banana:

arunsub

Reaction score
Happened thrice

It happened to me thrice in the last 10 days, including one 5 mins back. I'm going to take it to Verizon store tomorrow.

sinistersix

Reaction score
happened to me once. I saw my charge was down in the red but it wasnt dead yet. Took the battery out and back in and it turned back on, hasnt happened since

Tony Romo

Reaction score
mine just went black... took battery in and out several times, still won't turn on... i'm letting it charge... still nothing... what happened???????

:icon_evil: