Phone randomly shut off... had to do a battery reset.

Taina51

Reaction score
I experienced the samething three times. The 3rd time had to take the battery in/out several times for the phone to turn back on. Took it to Verizon and they would replace it but I would have to download all the apps again (I don't know if I have to pay for them again) and everything else, like Microsoft Exchange, notes,...

footballboy3

Reaction score
something weird going on here...

a few nights ago I picked up my Droid to find that it was off and wouldn't turn back on. I had been charging it all night at work while listening to Pandora. I took out the battery and it came back on. Next time I went to use it, it was off again and I had to pull the battery again. Hasn't happened since. My friend's Droid did the same to him.

droidmonger

Reaction score
Same boat here. My droid has been fine for a week and now, today, just started having the power cycle issues. Nutz.

cdd543

Reaction score
Mine does it as well. I also had one where the screen went black, but the buttons were illuminated..battery pull fixed that. Ahh to be an early adopter.

squee147

Reaction score
software?

Is this software or hardware? With thw dec 11 ota updatate a few days away I'm curious if that will fix this and the random reboot issues

Markee

Reaction score
Have had my phone for a couple of weeks. Has happened twice. Today I was on a phone call. When you hold the phone up to your face the display goes blank... It should come back on when you pull the phone away or end the phone call... I could not get my to come back on at all... Held down the power button... Bottom buttons would light up, but phone would not come back to life... Had to pull the battery again and reset... Starting to get worried if this is what happens when you use the phone as a phone... I really worry when it does not work as a phone... Wife will never understand if that part of it does not work.. Anyone else have similar probles with with display when used as a phone?

Echo3

Reaction score
This happened to me twice. Had it for 2 weeks now. Happened on the 3rd day when I got it and just happened to me a few moments ago.

navydoc

Reaction score
Happened to me 2 days ago. Boss yelled at me because I did not answer my phone when he tried to call me several times. Didn't believe me when I told him my phone shut itself off. I should show him this thread.

Taina51

Reaction score
Have had my phone for a couple of weeks. Has happened twice. Today I was on a phone call. When you hold the phone up to your face the display goes blank... It should come back on when you pull the phone away or end the phone call... I could not get my to come back on at all... Held down the power button... Bottom buttons would light up, but phone would not come back to life... Had to pull the battery again and reset... Starting to get worried if this is what happens when you use the phone as a phone... I really worry when it does not work as a phone... Wife will never understand if that part of it does not work.. Anyone else have similar probles with with display when used as a phone?
The first couple of weeks that I had my phone I had a similar issue but I must say that, without doing much (took the battery out a few times to reboot), it stopped.

Taina51

Reaction score
Happened to me 2 days ago. Boss yelled at me because I did not answer my phone when he tried to call me several times. Didn't believe me when I told him my phone shut itself off. I should show him this thread.
Sorry guys I missunderstood you. I thought you meant that the screen went dark but that the phone was still operational. About the 2nd week of having my phone I did have the problem of the phone shutting down and not able to turn it back on. I took it to VZW and they did a software update but when it happen again they told my it was a hardware issue and gave me a new phone. Good luck!