Phone Shutting off randomly??

Discussion in 'Droid Bionic Tech Support' started by mcdrew99, Sep 20, 2011.

1. mcdrew99

mcdrew99 New Member

I've pulled my bionic out of my pocket a couple times and found it completely dead. I've tried holding down the power button but no response. There is plenty of battery left. The only solution I've found is taking off the back and pulling out the battery. I put the battery back in and then the phone will power on.

anyone else with this issue??
  2. idk5

idk5 New Member

Most likely it froze with the screen off happened to mine once

Swyped wile controlling all machines at 4G speeds using the Bionic
  3. kjak

kjak New Member

My bionic reboots everytime I look at my gallery. I am able to look at the pictures for about 10 seconds before I get the Moto dual core screen.
  4. homesick

homesick New Member

mine has the random screen blackout with no response as well... only fix is a battery pull.
  5. NHaynie

NHaynie New Member

My droid has really bad lag and while im playing a game it gets hot and then reboots
  6. kjak

kjak New Member

Ok, mine just froze on the black screen, and I had to do a battery pull. Battery is well over 50%. Here we go again with another great device with software issues. Thanks VZW and MOTO, came from the Droid X2 and all of its problems, thinking I was out of the woods.
  7. georgemovie

georgemovie New Member

This happened to me twice today. First time it timed out while charging and the screen just stayed black ...the phone was still on but the back light wouldn't turn on and I had to tilt the angle of the phone to still see the power button off menu and select the power off in the menu. I had to pull the battery.

The second time today it happened was when the phone was in my pocket for at least 3 hours, and wouldn't wake up and the LED light indicator was blinking indicating a new email. I had to pull the battery.

What should I do? Call VZW for exchange or just go to the store?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums
  8. xcrider

xcrider New Member

Just happened to me for the first time after installing JD Plus.. I thought maybe that was the reason. Hopefully it doesnt happen again. We will see.
  9. Slave_One

Slave_One New Member

Same thing happened to me last night, I knew I had at least half a charge but would not turn on until I pulled the battery...
  10. xxnonamexx

xxnonamexx New Member

Mine had the same issue I used the 14 day worry free and exchanged it an no issues. I contacted VZN as well and they had 1 other complaint they stated.
  11. JiriJ

JiriJ New Member

It happens to me MANY times - like 20x - Hour ago cold reset to Motorola logo - in the middle of the phone call - (3rd time) - on the line that was 99% reliable last 5 years on the OLD, OLD -Motorola Mobile phone.
    VZ Network - I contacted them like 4 days ago - do not believe them - that xxnonamexx was the 2nd one.
  12. brockw1964

brockw1964 New Member

I wouldn't put up with that at all. take it back. today,
  13. xxnonamexx

xxnonamexx New Member

I took it back got a new one (yes I don't believe I was the 2nd one to report it either) The new phone just turned off now I am out of 14 day worry free. Phone#2.
  14. xxnonamexx

xxnonamexx New Member

SO I had a chat with MOTOROLA regaridng this issue and they stated you have 1 year from date of purchase to send it out for repair. REPAIR? They are going to send it back it turns on for me. They need a firmware/software update I think
  15. guttyla

guttyla New Member

just happened to me..phone went off, had to do a battery pull. Batter was 3/4 full. It could be several things...recently downloaded app, battery, the phone itself. In my case I recently downloaded Brightest Flashlight Free. I recently changed my battery to the extended battery 3 days ago. If it happens again I will uninstall app and then try putting reg battery back in.
    Would be interested for those this is happening to if you recently downloaded an app (and which app) and if you use extended battery. Sharing would help us all figure it out quicker.
    By the way, I love the bionic...it is super fast and snappy. All electronics have issues so i don't mind dealing with minor issues.

thx
  16. Infiniti87

Infiniti87 New Member

I've tried tons of tests and done alot of things to get my Bionic to replicate the shutdowns. I'm lucky as its only happened to me twice though the first two days I had it. Haven't had a problem since.

Sent from the rocket in my pocket, my all powerful DROID BIONIC.
  17. JoDroid

JoDroid New Member

Just had this happen to me today. I was in a meeting, battery at 65%... just shut off for no apparent reason. Couldn't get it turned on so I pulled the battery and then I was able to turn it on. Do you think the batteries are bad?
  18. Slave_One

Slave_One New Member

I personally don't think it's the batteries...

I haven't had a chance to verify as it's only happened once to me so far and it was instinct to pop the battery, but I've heard others state that they still got audible and LED notifications.
    And again, haven't verified, but my buddy at work said that when it happened the one time to him, it almost seemed like a backlight issue because with a flashlight he could see the contents of the screen.

EDIT: I'm of course referring to the wake from sleep issue, not resetting during use type issues.
  19. AntsMarching81

AntsMarching81 New Member

Had this happen to me last night. Went to bed and the battery was at 50%. Woke up this morning to a black screen but the LED notification light was blinking. I had to pull the battery to get it to wake up. Is this something I should exchange my phone out for? Only happened once so far...
  20. kjak

kjak New Member

After almost a week of not being able to look at pictures in my gallery without this thing rebooting, I did a factory reset. Now I have the phone stock only, no other apps installed, and low and behold the SOB STILL REBOOTS! EVERYTIME I LOOK AT MY PICTURES IN GALLERY. MOTOROLA CAN KISS MY DICK.
Search tags for this page
android phone turns off in the middle of a phone call

did droid update now phone shuts off

droid battery saver shutting phone down
droid bionic getting hot shutting down
droid bionic phone randomly shut off

droid bionic powering off at random

droid bionic randomly shutting down

droid bionic shuts off

droid htc problems with shuting down

droid phone shuts off randomly

my cellphone shuts off randomly