Phone shut off on its own tonight...

Discussion in 'Droid Bionic Tech Support' started by Youngster77, Sep 17, 2011.

1. Youngster77

Youngster77 New Member

Exactly what the title says...just got done sending a text and set the phone down. 10 mins later I go to check something on the phone and its shut off. Couldn't turn it back on with the power button no matter what I did. Ended up having to pull the battery out in order for it turn back on.

Anyone else experinece this? The phones only 2 days old...not cool.
  2. 91fatboy

91fatboy New Member

Had the same thing today. Was driving to work and noticed my blue tooth light wasn't on / on my stereo. Pulled out my phone and sure enough it was off. Power button did nothing, like you said I had to pull the battery to get to come back on. Was not a happy camper having to pull over take the back off, pull the battery, put it back together and then use the power button to start it up. If it happens again I'll be going to Verizon store to replace it or something. That would suck after I've spent the last week getting it set up the way I want.:blink:
  3. sjmerlo

sjmerlo New Member

I have been using my Bionic since the 8th and the same thing happened to me today. It was the first issue I have had since I bought the phone.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums
  4. bbtkd

bbtkd Member

Same here - got it on the 8th and on the 16th it shut off. OK since.
  5. Chizzele

Chizzele Team Sourcery Developer

Just guessing as i am not a bionic owner but maybe a reboot every 2 - 3 days would solve this... just thinking out loud really.
  6. mike43302

mike43302 New Member

Thats funny mine turned off by itself when sending a text also.

7. steveky

steveky Member

I'm not a Bionic owner... yet. But my D1 did the same thing. Not good when I rely on it as an alarm, but it hasn't happened in over a month.
  8. grisha

grisha New Member

i have the same problem

called verizon.they told me i can exchange for a new one within 14 days.plus my video on skype is not working.i guess they have software issues.
  9. tgyberg

tgyberg Well-Known Member

Crazy, these phones are waiting 8-10 days before showing certain bugs. I got mine on the 12th so my fingers are crossed!
  10. droid2drummer

droid2drummer New Member

Well, I'm changing the speaker on a couple...One needs flexcable as it was crimped in manufacturing..actually two were crimped but only one caused an issue..so that something to watch out for, however I don't advise you taking it apart..lol unless you know what your doing..And a couple of screen replacements...this is the beginning...I've lost a few jobs because parts weren't available..but I know there will be more...When the sbf hits I can take the software issue calls..this phone sadly is going to keep me busy....but its size makes for a slight, slight easier access...so yes some will have software issues and some will have hardware issues....I'm going to pass and get the next one that comes along..after it settles a bit with the technology...
  11. anthonyscogins

anthonyscogins New Member

Goto Settings»» sound»» look under general settings section then select volume.
  12. georgepetro

georgepetro New Member

Mine shut off today while I was looking at pictures. I've had it for a week, today. This sucks. afraid of missing calls if it goes on by itself. This is my second X2. Last one shut off by itself too.
  13. flipcircuit

flipcircuit New Member

Just curious, are any of you guys that are having probs running rooted? I was until I un-installed the turd-ware "Task Manager" that came on it.

14. bbtkd

bbtkd Member

X2? You are posting in the Bionic forum....
    1 person likes this.
  15. aaf709

aaf709 Nice Guy Premium Member

No, that isn't it. It's been called BSoD for Black Screen of Death. Nothing short of a battery pull will restart it. It's happened to me twice and I am unrooted. I've heard that it may have to do with Go Launcher (which I don't have installed) or WeatherBug (which I do).
  16. flipcircuit

flipcircuit New Member

I am rooted and have the go launcher. It was doing it until i removed the pre-installed task manager. No probs. Since thats gone.

17. Infiniti87

Infiniti87 New Member

Okay this is like the 100th thread about the black screen issue. Not to be rude but that's what the search function is for. Even just browsing down the list of threads you will find a few.

Now to the discussion. This is a well known issue for the Bionics and it happens to some people more than others. It happened to me twice the first two days I had the Bionic (I got it on the 7th) but it hasn't happened since. There is no known fix yet besides a battery pull but hopefully it will be fixed in the update in late October or early November. The phone doesn't actually shut down its just unresponsive. Something you can try that has worked for some people is to use the "performance " setting under the battery status menu. Nobody has found a direct correlation between the black screen of death and a specific app or setting to my knowledge. If it is a deal breaker for you that sucks but it is the price we pay for being early adopters of an electronic device. When I bought my Bionic I knew full well that there would be issues. It happens with every new device. Hell I even had problems with my 50k dollar Ford Raptor but it wasn't a deal breaker. For $300 I can deal with a few quirks as I have faith they will be fixed.

Sent from the rocket in my pocket, my all powerful DROID BIONIC.
  18. fizband

fizband New Member

• :blink: mine turned off while i was looking at it on the 2nd day, though i had gained jedi powers :icon_ banana:.
    • only happened once to me though
    • it would be good once in a while to drain battery completely empty before charging it.
  19. getty1582

getty1582 New Member

Im new to the forums but I got my DROID bionic few days after release date. Told myself I wouldn't root it. But just last night I rooted it and I must say so far its running just fine. Considering flashing a rom but not doing it quite yet

20. Bamafanatic

Bamafanatic New Member

I have the same problem. It first happened the day after I installedf the extended battery. It happened again during the night and even though it was on charge the battery showed very low and needing a charge.
Search tags for this page
android bionic light on its own
causes droid bionic to shut off by itself

droid bionic shuts down by itself

droid hd shuts down on its own
droid shuts off when i send a text
motoeola android cell phone shut down on its own
motorola m shuts down on its own
my phone likes to shut off on its own
phone keeps power down on its own
why does my droid always just shut off
why does my droid turn off on it's own