Motorola's ICS Blog details why it will take 6 months for your RAZR to see ICS

Kimo91

Reaction score
I honestly don't care how long it takes for ICS to come to our Razrs but I sure can't wait to hear from all the GNex members how crappy ICS is on initial release. Let the GNex be the proverbial test dummy for ICS so when our phone and others that will get ICS won't be as bumpy and/or glitchy as the GNex will be. Just saying that's all

Sent from my Boeing approved Moto DROID Razr

alboboy10

Reaction score
I honestly don't care how long it takes for ICS to come to our Razrs but I sure can't wait to hear from all the GNex members how crappy ICS is on initial release. Let the GNex be the proverbial test dummy for ICS so when our phone and others that will get ICS won't be as bumpy and/or glitchy as the GNex will be. Just saying that's all

Sent from my Boeing approved Moto DROID Razr

There has never been a motorola phone that was better on a nexus so what makes you think this will change now that so many different phone websites are claiming the nexus to be the BEST phone ever. The nexus has been more talked about than the iphone 4s, it's been EVERYWHERE. The razr had its one day of Fame for being thin and having a kevlar back...

ICS on the nexus will perform better in the next week than ics will ever perform on any android branded phone which doesn't come from google.

Crappy... Every single website except cnet raves about the nexus and how great it will.

In a world that does, the razr doesn't. (sell)

That should be the razr commercial after the nexus comes out.

I've had two motos, one htc next a nexus.

Will never buy a Moto again,

kptphalkon

Reaction score
There has never been a motorola phone that was better on a nexus

Nice rant. Replacing on for than for my second point, and replacing "that ran android better than" for on for my first pont, here I go.

Two things I want to mention:

Google develops their Android system specifically for Nexus devices, so in part this is a true statement. No android device will run the version of android a specific Nexus device said Nexus was desgined for better.

Second, my year old (and stock, blurred, unrooted) D2G performs on Froyo and GB faster than the Nexus One and Nexus S. So depending on your view of what better defines, you are wrong.

That's all....for now.

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
Like I said... Keep making yourself feel better. Cause you're making no sense. U made a bad decision. Live with it.
In case you didn't know, there is a Nexus forum...why don't you go over there and join the other potential (and I say potential because as of today no one knows when the Nexus will be available in the US) Nexus owners and live in their fantasy world...because that's all it is right now. Leave us Razr owners to our own discussions...either you're a disinterested party or you are trolling,...either way "you have no dog in this fight".

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Keep in mind gentlemen this doesn't necessarily apply to the RAZR. They have a list of other product on other networks as well as Verizon that will see the upgrade but not on the RAZR's schedule. RAZR should see 4.0 by the end of March if testing goes well. This comes via a Motorola Mobility employee

as a side note. Moto is already talking about ICS via twitter. http://twitter.com/#!/Motorola/statuses/144496270235541504

GalaxyNexusLTE

Reaction score
Keep in mind gentlemen this doesn't necessarily apply to the RAZR. They have a list of other product on other networks as well as Verizon that will see the upgrade but not on the RAZR's schedule. RAZR should see 4.0 by the end of March if testing goes well. This comes via a Motorola Mobility employee

as a side note. Moto is already talking about ICS via twitter. Twitter

This is what we like to hear. +1 :D

rubiksc00p

Reaction score
Somewhere on this amazing ball of creation!
Let's keep it friendly kids, before a mod comes! ;)
I must say, you all sound like kids trying to keep yourselves content with your purchases. ;)
I personally really dislike blur. If you love it. Great! :D

Swyped and sent through the interwebz directly to you from somewhere and some device that doesn't concern you!

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
There has never been a motorola phone that was better on a nexus so what makes you think this will change now that so many different phone websites are claiming the nexus to be the BEST phone ever. The nexus has been more talked about than the iphone 4s, it's been EVERYWHERE. The razr had its one day of Fame for being thin and having a kevlar back... LOL its a joke.
You saw the RAZR commercials with it cutting down light poles and mailboxes right? Well don't make me unleash my RAZR on you :)

In all seriousness though. Lets keep it civil in here. We are all on the same team here (Android) so there's nothing to be gained from bashing one product over another. Going into a Nexus thread or RAZR thread and bashing on the product never leads to anything good :)

This is for everyone not just you. Lets just keep it clean in here. Thanks for listening EVERYONE ;)

Now back to the topic at hand

pyro6128

Reaction score
No one should be surprised by this. To everyone saying they're happy to wait for all the kinks in ics to be worked out need to be realistic. In all likelyhood its going to be the same ics everyone else has. You're just waiting for the devs to make it play nice with blur. That's the problem with these skins everyone throws on their phone. If you think ics is going to be better with blur running on top, you're not being honest with yourself. Not being a troll at all, these skins just frustrate me.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
Lmao at the my car is faster than yours. My dad can beat up your dad...lol in the end we are all android. And most of us have decent high end devices, and I personally own a Razr and will be purchasing a Gnex ..I also have access to a nexus S that I gave my daughter. I can say this. Its one nice phone. But the Razr is as well. Also Motorola being a first chair in Google now might mean that Motorola isn't a bad idea either. Why hate? Buy them both and win both ways or just respect one another as one day you may need help from a Razr guy to fix your Gnex..Hope we can quit wasting space on adolescent bickering. Deep down I'm sure we all agree. Unless your just having a bad day. I've had those. And yeah its easy to hunt for a thread and release.lol but we can say, " My bad brother, someone pissed in my coffee this morning!".Peace!

Quite Sharp indeed....
Motorola Droid Razor...
Peace!

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
I've already had to edit a few posts gentlemen. Please just report the offending post instead of quoting and responding. I don't like to drop tear gas in threads and shut them down so please lets stop the back and forth. GRACIAS AMIGO's!!!!!!

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
I've already had to edit a few posts gentlemen. Please just report the offending post instead of quoting and responding. I don't like to drop tear gas in threads and shut them down so please lets stop the back and forth. GRACIAS AMIGO's!!!!!!

Peace brother! :)

Quite Sharp indeed....
Motorola Droid Razor...
Peace!

Eclipse7

Reaction score
What I don't understand is why manufactures wait to upgrade the software so long. So the nexus comes out, ok great. If I was motorola, i'd work my ass off getting ICS on my devices. Word of mouth spreads and showing ICS on a razr is what gets people to buy it, then hey motorola made a sale. I just don't get why you wait for kinks and stuff. Get ICS, put your Blur or Sense on, and send out. Nexus is first granted, but at least be second and get people to look at YOUR devices in case they want something different then a nexus.

Zandar

Reaction score
What I don't understand is why manufactures wait to upgrade the software so long. So the nexus comes out, ok great. If I was motorola, i'd work my ass off getting ICS on my devices. Word of mouth spreads and showing ICS on a razr is what gets people to buy it, then hey motorola made a sale. I just don't get why you wait for kinks and stuff. Get ICS, put your Blur or Sense on, and send out. Nexus is first granted, but at least be second and get people to look at YOUR devices in case they want something different then a nexus.
Better yet: get ICS, don't put BLUR or whatever on it but add a nice custom launcher and a few widgets. Still, it'll take Verizon 3-5 months to run it through their slow-as-molasses "testing" cycle even if Moto had ICS ready the day it dropped on AOSP.

Once again, like everything, carrier fail.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
. I just don't get why you wait for kinks and stuff. Get ICS, put your Blur or Sense on, and send out. Nexus is first granted, but at least be second and get people to look at YOUR devices in case they want something different then a nexus.
That could be disastrous. "Breaking" a bunch of perfectly functioning smartphones would spell disaster to Verizon and it's customers. I know I'd be very upset if I updated my handset only to see the update "broke" a lot of things.

There's nothing worse than a buggy phone. I'll wait the extra month or two for a "perfectly" functioning update.