Motorola: What Apps do users want? Gets Over 10k Votes 4 Unlocked Bootloader instead

52brandon

Reaction score
I doubt this is going to make moto jump because it is not just their decision it is vzw as well. The more we keep bricking phones an using large amounts of data through unauthorized tethering, the harder they are going to push.
as long as root tether and apps similar are on the market, I find it hard to believe that verizon feels it's quite that problematic

JayR_

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
even though its not going to have much of a factor, if any at all, its still good that our voices (or votes i guess) are being heard, so its a good opportunity to get it out there. Every Rooted user needs to be voting on this!! :) but in the end it will be whatever the big guys decide, which obviously will be whatever gives them the opportunity to charge for the most services/features.

Last edited:

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
I doubt this is going to make moto jump because it is not just their decision it is vzw as well. The more we keep bricking phones an using large amounts of data through unauthorized tethering, the harder they are going to push.
as long as root tether and apps similar are on the market, I find it hard to believe that verizon feels it's quite that problematic

VZW doesn't control what's available in the market. Although they could go the AT&T route of locking down sideloading.

As for tethering, someone made a great point that you can tether without root via PDAnet

Reaction score

VZW doesn't control what's available in the market. Although they could go the AT&T route of locking down sideloading.

As for tethering, someone made a great point that you can tether without root via PDAnet

Verizon could always pressure google to do their evil bidding and remove those apps from the market by saying they break some obscure terms and conditions

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

jengas kahn

Reaction score
so even though this won't have any impact on motorola/vzw/anything...

made me indescribably happy.

Big Ry

Reaction score
Lol

"JUST UNLOCK THE FRIGGIN BOOTLOADER"

^^^ best one

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

matt2783

Reaction score
I really don't understand why Moto pushes Blur down our throats when no one seems to like it at all.... If they just gave an option to run stock Android they could attract a lot of people.

All of the manufactures made a custom UI overlays to differentiate themselves, now there is room to differentiate by offering stock Android.

kinfolk248

Reaction score
someone shouldve put unlocked bootloader and stock android ie nexus one and nexus s on the list...

yeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa boyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SkullOne

Reaction score

Except you don't need root or an unlocked bootloader to illegally tether and eat up bandwidth.

Verizon can tell who is illegally tethering. They don't need to punish everybody for a few jackasses. They could also simply create a website like Sony to unlock the bootloader. If you unlock your phone via the website your warranty gets voided and your account flagged saying the phone is no longer under warranty. So those idiots or brick take it to the store and poof: DENIED!

This isn't brain surgery or rocket science. The solutions are simple and every users doesn't have to be punished. Hell with the website idea you could add a disclaimer saying we will cover the warranty if you purchase insurance. Sounds like a great money making idea to me. You would get happy people (customers, Executives, Stock holders) all around.

chris420o

Reaction score
HAHAHAAH this is the best thing ive seen in a long time....GOD i love the android community we fkn own...droid owners ftmfw...moto = FAIL

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
I really don't understand why Moto pushes Blur down our throats when no one seems to like it at all.

The general user could care less about blur......It's a very small amount of users that don't like it.

sgtguthrie

Reaction score
I know my vote is in there. Will they listen, no. But when people start going to HTC to even more pad their bottom line, they may start to realize they went in the wrong direction.

That's why I got the Thunderbolt...

jaycemiskel

Reaction score
I really don't understand why Moto pushes Blur down our throats when no one seems to like it at all.

The general user could care less about blur......It's a very small amount of users that don't like it.

I'm not so sure. My fiancee isn't technologically inclined at all and I had never mentioned it to her but there were aspects of it that she would ask me why her phone did that and that it was annoying. I installed another launcher and she preferred it over the Blur one. When her sister got a Fascinate she was trying to explain to her all the things to look out for (Blur stuff), so I had to explain to them that the Fascinate had a different skin and didn't do all the same stuff as the her D2 did.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk