Motorola: What Apps do users want? Gets Over 10k Votes 4 Unlocked Bootloader instead

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
In a poll that has clearly taken a turn for the worst (for Motorola, anyway), Motorola has asked their Facebook fans what types of new apps they’d like to see from developers. Unfortunately for them, they left the poll open to custom responses – you know who showed up for this juicy occasion.

Rooters and developers the world over flocked to this opportunity to fight for their devices’ freedom and to let Motorola know that they want — nay, they need an unlocked bootloader. Over a dozen of these responses were left with subsequent votes on them totaling up to over 10,000. Doesn’t exactly fit Motorola’s original question, but the message has been sent. Let’s see how or if Motorola responds to the outcry.

N4LZZ.jpg

[via PocketNow]

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
I know my vote is in there. Will they listen, no. But when people start going to HTC to even more pad their bottom line, they may start to realize they went in the wrong direction.

Oxymoron

Reaction score
Ha! I voted for unlocked bootloaders as well. Heck, someone in a different thread actually accused me of starting a poll on FB to petition unlocked bootloaders. Say wha?

*customized tapatalk signature*

xsylus

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Sony Xperia XA2 Ultra H4233
Awesome!

dancedroid This post made me laugh. :rofl3: 10,000 may not seem like much to Motorola's 100-billion customers but it still may make them discuss it in their board meetings. It seems clear to me that MotoBlur is an unwise investment for Motorola so why do they continue to poor time and money into it. They're being as thick-headed as Microsoft was about VISTA. It's nice to see that Motorola is reaching out the public for their thoughts and suggestions but the questions are were they prepared for this respond and will they listen. I personally hope that the Droid 3 has an unlocked bootloader or an option to unlock it like the XOOM has as well as stock android versus MotoBlur. Otherwise I'm sticking to my Droid 1. I've yet to find a smartphone that I like better than my Droid 1. While many offer features that I wish my Droid 1 had overall 99.9999% of the phones on the market feel like cheap toys. I want a solid, rugged, smartphone that would be the envy of Batman and put his utility belt to shame. Instead these manufactures want to shove this plastic garbage down our throats. LAME!

Okay, I'll get off of my soap box now. :)

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
pretty funny, although the fact that you can vote multiple times for different and the same option doesnt exactly make this poll "scientific"...most probably just a few people voting multiple times...

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I doubt this is going to make moto jump because it is not just their decision it is vzw as well. The more we keep bricking phones an using large amounts of data through unauthorized tethering, the harder they are going to push.

Beardface

Reaction score
You're fooling yourself if you think Moto cares at all what this says...

They have set their direction and are going to hold the line.

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
You're fooling yourself if you think Moto cares at all what this says...

They have set their direction and are going to hold the line.

Yeah it's a cute story, but 10,000 is not really anything that Moto would even consider caring about haha.

Oxymoron

Reaction score
It is cute. Why does every naysayer always have to jump right on top of it saying "blah blah blah blah".

"Come on, Son!!"

We're just playing around. Is every mod on here over the age of 70? Good gracious. You'd think we were voting for President... or something equally as unimportant.

Resident.

Trolls.

(That was a joke, btw)

This is where I wink.

*customized tapatalk signature*

kinfolk248

Reaction score
go vote then, goodness, 10k isnt going to do anything. well if thats ur mindset then i guess u dont vote in govt elections huh smh c'mon folks lets make moto chew it!!!!! lol . just do ur part go vote and spread the word to others...

vote or die!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol :)

Last edited by a moderator:

xan

Reaction score
Even if moto doesn't listen, there is the possibility some of moto's (and VRZs) competition will read it, and will start releasing and marketing their products as unlocked.