Motorola updates Bionic ICS Update Schedule

OP
S

sk102704

Reaction score
hAHAha Halo said:
I can't read it on my phone, does it say Q4 2012 or Q4 2013?

They don't say so they leave the door open for 2013 haha

jayrod

Reaction score
Well, let's see: First the earth cooled. And, then the dinosaurs came, but they got too big and fat, so they all died, and they turned into oil.......

symbiontsoul

Reaction score
So with the q4 timeline for ICS I doubt the bionic will be one of the moto phones from 2011 that get JB by end of 2012...anyone going to take the $100?

jughead75

Reaction score
symbiontsoul said:
So with the q4 timeline for ICS I doubt the bionic will be one of the moto phones from 2011 that get JB by end of 2012...anyone going to take the $100?

Not if I have to trade my bionic to get the $100. Rather smash it then give it back. I'm no millionaire but I'll pay full price for here in out so ling as I can keep my unlimited.

stafinois

Reaction score
Another newbie that was inspired to join after stumbling on the leak thread in my daily "Bionic ICS" Google search. Thanks to all of you for keeping us up to date!

I got my Bionic in January after I "mostly bricked" my DX. I am sure that it's salvageable, it just got stuck in a bootloop and the battery died before I could revive it. I had no way to charge it, so I went ahead and upgraded. I need to find somebody to charge my battery so that I can use it as a backup. My Bionic went for an unexpected swim last week, and I had to use an LG Ally until it dried out. This Bionic is a tough cookie! It was completely submerged for a good two minutes and it's working fine. I won't be worried about using it in the rain anymore.

I've not rooted my Bionic or done much with it. My experience with the DX scared me more than it should of, so I decided to wait for the OTA. I may change my mind since the OTA is taking forever.

jayrod

Reaction score

No definitely not. My budget prohibits a new phone.

Nope. I'm not one that needs the newest gadgets as soon as they come out. The Bionic was my first smartphone and the first one I spent more than $50 for. Even with all the little issues on GB, I would have kept it for at least another year..but now that it's got ICS, until it craps out, or just can't do what I need it to do it will be used by me.

I'm one of those customers VZW hates!

dautley

Reaction score
Well, let's see: First the earth cooled. And, then the dinosaurs came, but they got too big and fat, so they all died, and they turned into oil.......

Oil's cool, you can make gas which makes things go! :)

Last edited:

Vepaot

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G5 (LS992)
The thing is, we NEED an OTA or we're never going to see cool stuff like kexec Jellybean builds which lesser phones such as the D4 get to enjoy. No dev is going to commit to a nonofficial build.

Via the Eclipse official forums:
nitroglycerin33,
09-19-2012, 08:42 PM
I am getting tired of waiting for Motorola to release ICS so I have started to build off of the leaks. I know you guys have been waiting for an Eclipse ICS for the bionic. I have been asked several times over the past few days and the answer is yes I am working on a build. I ditched the build I started a few months ago and started from scratch yesterday. I will keep you guys posted!

Caesars

Reaction score
They should just send bionic owners 100 now Lol.

Return of the Android

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
Via the Eclipse official forums:
Thanks, but that seems to be a run of the mill ICS ROM, what I am looking for is one of those newfangled kexec based jellybean ROMs that will supposedly at some point give us the full jellybean experience.

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
They should just send bionic owners 100 now Lol.

Return of the Android
If they can manage to finally get us on ICS, and then get the RAZR and D4's ICS up to the level ours is at, they will have achieved their "unified build" and will likely base JellyBean off of that. Being that JellyBean is not a major OS version release, it is actually quite likely that they WON'T have to send us 100 dollars.