Motorola updates Bionic ICS Update Schedule

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid Bionic' started by sk102704, Sep 22, 2012.

1. jughead75

jughead75 Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Not if I have to trade my bionic to get the $100. Rather smash it then give it back. I'm no millionaire but I'll pay full price for here in out so ling as I can keep my unlimited.

2. stafinois

stafinois New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Another newbie that was inspired to join after stumbling on the leak thread in my daily "Bionic ICS" Google search. Thanks to all of you for keeping us up to date!

I got my Bionic in January after I "mostly bricked" my DX. I am sure that it's salvageable, it just got stuck in a bootloop and the battery died before I could revive it. I had no way to charge it, so I went ahead and upgraded. I need to find somebody to charge my battery so that I can use it as a backup. My Bionic went for an unexpected swim last week, and I had to use an LG Ally until it dried out. This Bionic is a tough cookie! It was completely submerged for a good two minutes and it's working fine. I won't be worried about using it in the rain anymore.

I've not rooted my Bionic or done much with it. My experience with the DX scared me more than it should of, so I decided to wait for the OTA. I may change my mind since the OTA is taking forever.

3. jayrod

jayrod Member

Ratings:
    +6
    Nope. I'm not one that needs the newest gadgets as soon as they come out. The Bionic was my first smartphone and the first one I spent more than $50 for. Even with all the little issues on GB, I would have kept it for at least another year..but now that it's got ICS, until it craps out, or just can't do what I need it to do it will be used by me.

I'm one of those customers VZW hates!

4. dautley

dautley Member

Ratings:
    +5
    Oil's cool, you can make gas which makes things go! :)

#40 dautley, Sep 22, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2012
  5. Vepaot

Vepaot Senior Member

Ratings:
    +192
    Current Phone Model:
    LG G2 (VS980)
    Via the Eclipse official forums:

6. Caesars

Caesars Senior Member

Ratings:
    +108
    They should just send bionic owners 100 now Lol.

Return of the Android

7. hAHAha Halo

hAHAha Halo Member

Ratings:
    +7
    I freaking love you for that.

8. Dave12308

Dave12308 Silver Member

Ratings:
    +50
    Thanks, but that seems to be a run of the mill ICS ROM, what I am looking for is one of those newfangled kexec based jellybean ROMs that will supposedly at some point give us the full jellybean experience.

9. Dave12308

Dave12308 Silver Member

Ratings:
    +50
    If they can manage to finally get us on ICS, and then get the RAZR and D4's ICS up to the level ours is at, they will have achieved their "unified build" and will likely base JellyBean off of that. Being that JellyBean is not a major OS version release, it is actually quite likely that they WON'T have to send us 100 dollars.

10. walkerstempe

walkerstempe Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Meanwhile my single core running bionic has a quadrant score of about 2000 and my wife's Pantech Marauder just knocked out 5 grand. I'm going to go shoot myself.

11. Lodmot

Lodmot Member

Ratings:
    +2
    I love that while we're getting ICS much later than all the other phones, we will have the least bugs out of all of them. :3

12. marleyinoc

marleyinoc Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Dave, I like your silver lining perspective and this sounds about right to me. Of choose @hashcode0f and @dhacker29 look to be closing on on a stable, fully functional CM10 so it seems a pretty good chance that'll be the route I go before JB is official on Bionic.

Though I think my biggest reason for any custom ROM is a truly useful set of notification pulldown toggles so if Android would include those I'd probably be fine with stock. Weird, I know.

-I haz Bionic

Search tags for this page

motorola update schedule