Motorola updates Bionic ICS Update Schedule

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid Bionic' started by sk102704, Sep 22, 2012.

1. crabbyone

crabbyone New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    If Big Red S*its on us, and all of this has blown over, why not get the FCC involved. I am sure Google would be happy to cooperate with them considering how terrible and underhanded they (V) have been about this. Verizon is not a favorite of the FCC and I am sure they would not mind fining them AGAIN for their dirty, underhanded, backstabbing business decisions. If it is proven (would not be hard to do) that they were doing what they were accused of, the FCC would have their lunch, snack AND dinner!! I have 18 months left on my contract and unless they get their mess together, I will switch to another carrier. I do love their service, but their business practices and customer service are despicable.

2. BJLDroid

BJLDroid Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Glad I got to read the leak thread this morning before it was closed and removed! Interesting stuff!!! I am very disappointed with the new timeline of Q4 however, bionic shafted again..

3. kdwisdom

kdwisdom Member

Ratings:
    +1
    I hate to admit it to a community of Droid users, of which I have been since the OG Droid, but I'm considering getting the iPhone 5 in May when my upgrade is due.

There are a lot of reasons. One is just to mix it up, the updates in Android are so spread out that I don't feel there is enough changes over the course of having the phone for 2 years that I get a little bored. Apple is a lot better of releasing updates on a regular basis.

Also, I think that I'll enjoy Android more if I mix it up with an iPhone.

But my mind won't be made up until May. If there is an amazing phone out that is a Droid at that time, then I will. Surely most new phones released at that time will be JB, so it could change my mind.

Time will tell. I just don't like waiting forever. We all know it works on the phone, so its silly to have to wait. One of the major perks to me about Android is the ability to continue to load new OS's to it as they come out but if we constantly have to follow leaks rather than Verizon getting their act together with Google then it is just a bit of a pain.

4. Lodmot

Lodmot Member

Ratings:
    +2
    Well, to each their own. I'm still sticking with my decision to keep my Bionic for two years. I love this phone. And eventually I want to fix it up nicely. I plan to totally replace the front with an all new metal bezel and new gorilla glass, and I'm going to get a screen protector and case for the phone (something I never did when I first got it XP). Besides, as an IT professional I want to learn how to fix Android phones.

5. BJLDroid

BJLDroid Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I love my bionic as well. Despite the constant data problems. I had an Eris before the bionic so i'm used to disappointment!

6. CaptianSpiffy

CaptianSpiffy New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I stumbled across the leak thread and it inspired me to officially sign up for this forum. I am a total noob and have been lurking for a while just to learn about the cool things I can do with my Bionic. It's a solid piece of hardware, and I want to utilize it fully. Still trying to get up the nerve to root as I have never attempted "unstockify" it.

There it is, my first post in a forum...EVER!:biggrin:

BTW, Where the heck do I start? Not trying to change the subject, just a link to somewhere easy to understand to get me started.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2012
  7. player52

player52 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    i had that thing for 12 days and got rid of it honestly that phone was a POS

8. aaf709

aaf709 Nice Guy Premium Member

Ratings:
    +49
    Welcome!

It depend on where you want to do. There are rooting links, leak links, accessory links and app links. You're on a thread discussing the change in the schedule about when the Bionic will be getting the O/S ICS. If you want to install ICS it doesn't require rooting, but I suggest installing .232 as you can go back to .905 for the OTA (if you want). If you install .235 or higher, you can only go forward.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2012
  9. BJLDroid

BJLDroid Member

Ratings:
    +0
    This is my first forum post as well!!!

10. CaptianSpiffy

CaptianSpiffy New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the advice! Didn't know I didn't have to root.

The absolutely unnecessary delays have pushed me over the edge. I don't care about the politics of why things have gone so far, I am just a customer wanting to get what I was told I was paying for.

11. Bfp

Bfp Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I just got my Bionic back in June of this year, as it was free upgrade, so im stuck with it for at least 18 months. I didnt have unlimited plan to start with but now im on share everything and have a 12GB data limit and my monthly bill is about the same. I also have a mifi which i use for internet service which is on my data plan and all in all i have more data limit now then i did before the share everything plan.

Hope OTA comes soon.

12. Lodmot

Lodmot Member

Ratings:
    +2
    Yeah, Im actually still on my unlimited data plan, and I plan on keeping the Bionic for the full two years, maybe even longer. Im also replacing the entire front of my Bionic, so it will be nearly brand new again, plus with a new case and screen protector, and itll be running on ICS, so I should be all set for 2013 baybay! xD

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

13. hAHAha Halo

hAHAha Halo Member

Ratings:
    +7
    I can't read it on my phone, does it say Q4 2012 or Q4 2013?

14. Lodmot

Lodmot Member

Ratings:
    +2
    Saywhat? o.o

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

15. player52

player52 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Q4 2012

thinking mid OCT for release