Motorola Shadow

Discussion in 'Android News' started by cereal killer, May 22, 2010.

1. cereal killer

cereal killer DF Administrator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +1,461
    Current Phone Model:
    Nokia Lumia Icon
    4.1.........The OP has the CORRECT info. Always refer to the OP for the most up to date and correct information.

2. bizzshow

bizzshow Member

Ratings:
    +0
    After going back and forth on this I believe I should post this here. Don't expect to see a sbf for this phone or any new phone coming from MOTO. Nor should you expect to see root as fast or in the same manner on the Droid. MOTO will lock down the bootloader and is trying to lock down partitions also don't know if this is set in stone or is true but this is what I'm being told. We could be like the incredible were the bootloader system and other things are locked . I don't know I only hope for the best as far as root users which is me

3. cereal killer

cereal killer DF Administrator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +1,461
    Current Phone Model:
    Nokia Lumia Icon
    Yeah I heard no more sbf's.....

I'm hoping for some better news in regards to locking down these devices. That would be a drag...

Still too early but that does seem to way things are shaping up.

4. bizzshow

bizzshow Member

Ratings:
    +0
    This really would but after hearing this from at least 4 people i think they may be right but I hope and pray not this would be a great phone to have rooted

5. Darkseider

Darkseider Senior Member

Ratings:
    +0
    IF manufacturers completely prevent rooting android devices I will drop android like a hot potato and go back to a dumb phone. Speak with your wallets.

6. kpiskin

kpiskin Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I know 4.1 is only .2" smaller than the HD2 and EVO, but i wonder if typing will be any easier without the keyboard. Part of the allure of the Droid for me was the physical keyboard. However I would be willing to forgo the keyboard if i could actually type accurately on screen. Maybe Motorola felt that 4.1" was the right size and opted not to try to be competitive on the display size.

7. rkeller62

rkeller62 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Wow, you really think a screen .2" smaller diagonally is not being competitive?? The difference in width is only about .1", which is hardly enough to make a big difference in keyboard use.

8. sroach23

sroach23 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    no root = no motorola for me!

9. JonKyu

JonKyu Silver Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I've heard the same unfortunately, quite a drag indeed. The milestone can't be loaded with roms right? U hope we'll at least be able to root it since I have so many root apps.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

10. Garemlin

Garemlin Developer Relations

Ratings:
    +339
    Current Phone Model:
    LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
    I think I would pre-order this one today if it was possible. Thought about switching to the DI but I wanted a bigger screen (AMOLED preferred) and 720p. Thought about waiting to see if a Verizon version of the Evo 4G was in the future. Played with a demo of an Evo to see how it felt and it was just a little too big. Considered waiting for the Samsung Galaxy S but not too sure about their version of Android and how they will incorporate TouchJiz. Think this one may just fit the bill even though it prolly won't have AMOLED.

11. verian

verian Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    thats a deal breaker, I don't want some phone. I want a hobby, something I can't put down. Thats a rooted android phone. Not a locked one.

12. sroach23

sroach23 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    too bad you cant order a phone like a computer. you choose the screen, processor, features, etc... you can even decide if you want some ui crap on it. the samsung galaxy s is everything i want except for their ui crapola.

Search tags for this page

how do i view cam4 on my droid dna

how to watch cam4 on a droid dna

shadow df device