Motorola Shadow

Hugh Jass

Reaction score
Yeah I went digging for details on that one and also came up with this little tidbit of mathematical genius.

Good work Dark.

Also I hope the specs for the Droid2 are going to be mind-blowing and not just tiny steps like this Shadow seems to be taking (please don't say the Shadow IS the Droid2, I'll cry). I mean yea, HDMI is titties and all... but it's not going to get me to let go of my rooted Droid. I would need huge performance gains or something capable of being just as fast with massive increase in battery life or better technology for the display resulting in better performance and battery use to say I want to move in that direction before my contract comes up.

Maybe I'll just have to wait for a new set way down the road to satisfy me...I have till November next year anyway right?

Codiusprie

Reaction score
Hey ck do we know

As far as the Droid 2 goes read up on this thread. Other than it will be releasing around the same time as the Xtreme/Shadow there's not much more info than whats on the thread below.

I am still curious where this information is coming from. Absolutely everything I have read has said a fall release for the Droid2 at the earliest. I can't imagine Moto releasing two high end Droid devices at the same time making sense. Is this some super secret insider source?

Well, I read the engadget article but there was not mention of the Droid2, just an unknown second Droid device being released around the same time. Is this the information you are using?

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
OMG i really hope this has a slide out keyboard liek the droid. if it does i think it will outsell the droid lol.

After using the DI for a few weeks I hope there is no keyboard on it.....

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

bizzshow

Reaction score
All of the correct info is coming from hofo I wouldn't believe engadget they've been wrong quite a bit. Shadow no keyboard. Droid 2 physical keyboard. I doubt a July launch for both but hope the shadow does

Codiusprie

Reaction score
All of the correct info is coming from hofo I wouldn't believe engadget they've been wrong quite a bit. Shadow no keyboard. Droid 2 physical keyboard. I doubt a July launch for both but hope the shadow does

Well it seems like a July launch for the Shadow is going to happen, I've just seen a July launch for the Droid2 thrown around on this forum a lot with nothing to back it up when everything else I've seen says fall. I was just wondering if I had missed something about the Droid2, frankly with no physical Keyboard and Motoblur I really don't care about the Shadow.

OP
cereal killer

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
OMG i really hope this has a slide out keyboard liek the droid. if it does i think it will outsell the droid lol.
Again there is NO slide out keyboard on the xtreme

The Droid 2 is the device with that feature.

XTREME = no keyboard

DROID 2 = keyboard

Sent from my Droid

bizzshow

Reaction score
i could care less if the shadow launches with blur i know i can disable it. but the specs on the shadow and the lack of physical keyboard make me happy and ready to get it

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
I was JUST about to ask about this in the other thread....u saved me from a somewhat off topic post...lol

NOW I'm getting excited.....and about to be outta some money soon...

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
I was JUST about to ask about this in the other thread....u saved me from a somewhat off topic post...lol

I'm kinda hoping for a Verizon promotion. Something like....

"Early Upgrade To Motorola Shadow or Droid 2 Option For Current Droid Users"

Kinda like some auto manufacturers have owner loyalty discounts. Hey one can dream. Reality is I'll either be adding a line or paying full retail. :)

JonKyu

Silver Member
Reaction score

I'm kinda hoping for a Verizon promotion. Something like....

"Early Upgrade To Motorola Shadow or Droid 2 Option For Current Droid Users"

Kinda like some auto manufacturers have owner loyalty discounts. Hey one can dream. Reality is I'll either be adding a line or paying full retail. :)
Question about paying full retail, does that screw up your new every two date? Like if I bought one at full retail price at a Verizon store will it reset my new every two? I'm guessing (hoping rather) no, other wise that would be really douche-y of them.

OP
cereal killer

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Jon you may be getting the Shadow?