Motorola Shadow

Hugh Jass

Reaction score
I don't think we have the battery technology to be putting dual-core anything that we're talking about in a mobile unit right now, this seems years in the making and a far shot at best. We only have 1cpu and 1gpu and the lot of us can't make it a full day without a charge. Imagine half the processing efficiency coupled with these battery eating displays. :icon_eek:

T.I. has already stated a dual core OMAP 4430 @ 800 Mhz would produce 3x to 4x the performance of a single core OMAP 3430 at an equal or lower power usage.

shock.jpg

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
anyone see anything about the glass, mainly will it have gorilla glass? i love how my original droid is scratch free without any kind of protection since December.

No word yet but it is showing up on other devices. The Dell Streak has gorilla glass. Five freakin' inches worth.

Darkseider

Reaction score
T.I. has already stated a dual core OMAP 4430 @ 800 Mhz would produce 3x to 4x the performance of a single core OMAP 3430 at an equal or lower power usage.

Not doubting you but................. do you have a link for this?

OMAP™ 4 Platform - Symmetric Multiprocessing (SMP)

Dual-core ARM Cortex-A9 MPCore
  • Power and performance scalability
  • Up to 150 percent performance increase at the same frequency versus the ARM Cortex-A8 core
  • Better user interfaces
  • Faster boot time
  • Quicker application launch time
  • Seamless multi-tasking across applications
  • PC-like web browsing
The 150 percent performance increase is PER CORE. So if a single core Cortex A-8 @ 800 Mhz = 100% than a dual core Cortex A-9 @ 800 Mhz = 150% x 2 = 300%. Pretty nifty, eh?

OP
cereal killer

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
I like my devices masculine looking so I really like the styling on this device. Looks like it can plow through things. : )

I've been hearing this is old hardware though.

Sent from my Droid

joker402

Reaction score
Ill have to play with it in person before i make my mind up, lucky working at VZ has its perks ;)

bizzshow

Reaction score
Wonder how its going to look with the hardware changes I'm already likening it

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
I just noticed something: looking at the diagram of the cpu, the OMAP 3630 doesnt do HDMI.....the OMAP 4000's do...

So, unless I missed something, its either an OMAP4000 or a Snapdragon.