Motorola Shadow

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
attachment.php

DF's member nagmier found a hot tip/pic over at HoFo that appears to be the highly anticipated Motorola Shadow running 2.1 w/MotoBlur.

With the rumored July release of the Shadow and no solid information as to when Froyo will hit current VZW Android devices it's anybody's guess what the Shadow will ship with.

The little that has been said about this device is that it will be quite an astonishing piece of hardware.

We'll be watching this one closely.

*UPDATE 5/23/2010 wnrussell has reported that the Shadow won't be released until late August due to a hardware change.*

UPDATE 5/25/2010 Specs: 4.1" screen, OMAP 3630, 8 GB Internal, 8 GB MMC, 8MP camera and HDMI out.

shadow-side-shot-rm-eng.jpg

credit: wnrussell

tip: nagmier

Last edited:
OP
cereal killer

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Updated OP with rumored specs...

These specs have been talked about extensively and have not been debunked.

I do not think it will have a keyboard though.

As always these things can change but that OMAP 3630 will fly.

Last edited:
OP
cereal killer

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon

Darkseider

Reaction score
CK you bum! You beat me to it! :) I just saw this as I was leaving the store and was gonna post it up. Engadget has it up as well

Mystery Motorola Droid (Shadow?) spotted with Verizon branding, set to be starting somethin' -- Engadget
Ha...gotta be handy with the steel. Earn your keep..

You will happy to know it will more than likely be sporting that OMAP 3630....

Wow

The 3630 is a nice an excellent SoC but not a big enough step up from an OC'ed 3430 in the Droid for me to justify a switch. The next device I get will have to be a Cortex A-9 based handset. Hoping that by this time next year my wish will come true.

danDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Perfect timing from Verizon!! This could give the EVO 4G a run for its money!

Last edited by a moderator:

Hugh Jass

Reaction score
I think one of the neatest things is the HDMI port.

darklipslide

Reaction score
It has a Purty Screen it looks. It looks way too much like the droid though? (Not that it's a bad thing, was hoping for some unique design flair)

M1DN1GHT

Reaction score
dancedroid i think its the droid numero dos lol really sad that the droid will only "lose the smartphone battle"to its next gen counterpart i mean it has not been dethroned by the nexus one hero iphone or incredible look for it to come out when iphone 4g comes out till then droid ftw !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (0nly drawback is Verizon) loldancedroid

joker402

Reaction score
whats wrong with verizon? and ive seen a training link posted for this but the traning session has not been made avalible yet

cant wait till i get the email for me to access the training and get more info

M1DN1GHT

Reaction score
dancedroid verizon muffs every ota update, takes out features adds from otas like wifi hotspot that would be part of 2.2 but they'll sh** themselves and steal it from us or else make us pay extra to use it. questionable charges to bills.... find every way to nickle and dime you.... service sucks over the vast part of illinois...3g internet sooooooooooooo slow and to top it all of they are expensive as hell :icon_evil:dancedroid

joker402

Reaction score
dancedroid verizon muffs every ota update, takes out features adds from otas like wifi hotspot that would be part of 2.2 but they'll sh** themselves and steal it from us or else make us pay extra to use it. questionable charges to bills.... find every way to nickle and dime you.... service sucks over the vast part of illinois...3g internet sooooooooooooo slow and to top it all of they are expensive as hell :icon_evil:dancedroid
the only thing that was not included in the 2.1 update for the droid was the homescreens and 3d launcher, verizon is not blocking any thing, what ever app pops up in the market you can download it to the droid as long as it supports the phone, verizon has not blocked on single app but has warned that if you use any app that tampers with your contract you will be charged for example wifi tether. if your so unhappy with verizon then quit whining and put your money where your mouth is and get a carrier that works for you, after all just like the droid, the shadow will more than likly be GSM too