Motorola Olympus/ Etna Rumors, Information & Pictures

Status
Not open for further replies.

joker402

Reaction score
Yes, I heard January as a possible release date for the Olympus for ATT, but what about for VZW's Etna?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
Supposedly february/march

Sent from my Droid

That really sucks, so I get to see ATT users with theirs, and VZW users with their Thunderbolts. Gonna be hard to wait. Are there any differences between the Olympus and the Etna, besides the fact that the Etna will be CDMA and LTE, whereas the Olympus will be GSM/HSDPA?
Look at it this way, by the time the ETNA comes out, all the bugs will be known and hopefully it launches with 2.3 or even honeycomb (which is also coming to phones)

Im betting the Olympus will be 2.2, faviorte :palm: :icon_ banana:

briankeith513

Reaction score
Supposedly february/march

Sent from my Droid

That really sucks, so I get to see ATT users with theirs, and VZW users with their Thunderbolts. Gonna be hard to wait. Are there any differences between the Olympus and the Etna, besides the fact that the Etna will be CDMA and LTE, whereas the Olympus will be GSM/HSDPA?
Look at it this way, by the time the ETNA comes out, all the bugs will be known and hopefully it launches with 2.3 or even honeycomb (which is also coming to phones)

Im betting the Olympus will be 2.2, faviorte :palm: :icon_ banana:

We'll see. Can't wait!

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
I know : (

As far as differences. Nothing solid on that but I think what your saying is a good probability of the differences in hardware between the two. Hopefully we will find out. I don't know why but I have this feeling that VZW is going to push a lot of high end tablets on us and just show us some middle range LTE handsets.

I hope I'm wrong.

leonozug

Reaction score
Interesting they say now that Honeycomb will only run on devices with dual-core and hi-res. All the more reason to wait for the Etna and bypass the Thunderbolt.

briankeith513

Reaction score
I know : (

As far as differences. Nothing solid on that but I think what your saying is a good probability of the differences in hardware between the two. Hopefully we will find out. I don't know why but I have this feeling that VZW is going to push a lot of high end tablets on us and just show us some middle range LTE handsets.

I hope I'm wrong.

What you just said is disgusting lol.

Eddog4DROID

Reaction score
so is it assumed that the Etna and Oylmpus will both be revealed this week at CES?

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums App

OP
Preach2k

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel XL/Galaxy Note 8
Twitter
DroidNCState
Motorola Olympus- Ultimate upcoming Motorola handset

Monday, January 3, 2011

Motorola has manufactured another amazing handset that you will find with the name of Motorola Olympus. It is expected that Motorola will announce this handset in the first Quarter of 2011. Let's try to know about this handset as it is just an expected review of this handset but this will really helpful for you to create a picture of Motorola MB860 Olympus in your mind.

This is touch handset that runs on Android 2.2 Froyo. It is also expected that Motorola will also allow its users to upgrade its operating system to Android 2.3 Gingerbread. It is also being said that it is a dual camera handset that will also allow you to make video calls from your handset.

Along with its dual camera this handset will also provide you high speed internet access with its Wi-fi and many other internet connectivity features. This will be the one of the best handset among the wide series of Motorola mobile phones. It is also anticipated that Motorola has equipped this handset with 3.7 to 4 inched wide screen that will provide you high resolution. As other Motorola handset this handset looks very attractive and it is clear from its pictures that you will find in our online portal.

Latest Mobile phone news UK: Motorola Olympus- Ultimate upcoming Motorola handset

DaWolf85

Reaction score
Monday, January 3, 2011

Motorola has manufactured another amazing handset that you will find with the name of Motorola Olympus. It is expected that Motorola will announce this handset in the first Quarter of 2011. Let's try to know about this handset as it is just an expected review of this handset but this will really helpful for you to create a picture of Motorola MB860 Olympus in your mind.

This is touch handset that runs on Android 2.2 Froyo. It is also expected that Motorola will also allow its users to upgrade its operating system to Android 2.3 Gingerbread. It is also being said that it is a dual camera handset that will also allow you to make video calls from your handset.

Along with its dual camera this handset will also provide you high speed internet access with its Wi-fi and many other internet connectivity features. This will be the one of the best handset among the wide series of Motorola mobile phones. It is also anticipated that Motorola has equipped this handset with 3.7 to 4 inched wide screen that will provide you high resolution. As other Motorola handset this handset looks very attractive and it is clear from its pictures that you will find in our online portal.

Latest Mobile phone news UK: Motorola Olympus- Ultimate upcoming Motorola handset

Is your point that even amateur tech bloggers are catching on to this device? Because that article told me nothing new, and barely anything at all...

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
I'm always skeptical of blogs written to sound like Nigerian scam emails.

OP
Preach2k

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel XL/Galaxy Note 8
Twitter
DroidNCState
Monday, January 3, 2011

Is your point that even amateur tech bloggers are catching on to this device? Because that article told me nothing new, and barely anything at all...

Yeah you are right with this Article!!! I am looking for Any Info About Dual Core..

But Compare for yourself and tell Me which is the Better Phone!!!!

Compare phones: LG Tegra 2, Motorola Olympus MB860, HTC Thunderbolt - Phone Arena

2005CTS

Reaction score
The lack of information lately on this device is concerning. For a while it seemed pictures and leaks were happening on a regular basis...now nothing. I really want the phone to go on sale this month at AT&T - but there just hasn't been much news to support an immediate release like it appears to be the case with the Thunderbolt.

briankeith513

Reaction score
The lack of information lately on this device is concerning. For a while it seemed pictures and leaks were happening on a regular basis...now nothing. I really want the phone to go on sale this month at AT&T - but there just hasn't been much news to support an immediate release like it appears to be the case with the Thunderbolt.

I agree, but I don't want it released at all for AT&T, just the Etna version for Verizon, this month. lol

2005CTS

Reaction score

I agree, but I don't want it released at all for AT&T, just the Etna version for Verizon, this month. lol

Sorry - it has all but been confirmed that AT&T is going to get a GSM version in January and Verizon will get their LTE version a month or two later. With the exception of the radio - the hardware should be the same. While both will probably both have motoblur (which I am not that fond of) I suspect that the Verizon version will be a droid branded device.

Personally - I care more about processing speed than being a 4G device - so I plan on looking at the AT&T version assuming it comes out in January. If they end up coming out at about the same time - then I would probably just stick with Verizon.

Status
Not open for further replies.