Motorola Olympus/ Etna Rumors, Information & Pictures

Status
Not open for further replies.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
It will be interesting to see what a dual-core mobile processor can do with the extra wiggle room. :D

Well, my Droid (with overclocking, compcache and other tweaks) strains to run 24+ widgets and the equivalent of 12 or so homescreens....

So 4 times the ram and a dual-core should easily handle twice my current home set-up. I could add another 5 screens with stock/portfolio widgets.. muahahahhaa

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
It will be interesting to see what a dual-core mobile processor can do with the extra wiggle room. :D

Well, my Droid (with overclocking, compcache and other tweaks) strains to run 24+ widgets and the equivalent of 12 or so homescreens....

So 4 times the ram and a dual-core should easily handle twice my current home set-up. I could add another 5 screens with stock/portfolio widgets.. muahahahhaa
Yes...

But will it play Crysis?! ;)

briankeith513

Reaction score
Now that HTC has "leaked" the images to the Thunderbolt...I wonder how long it will be before Motorola "leaks" the images to the Etna/Olympus?

I really want to compare these phones before I pre order the Thunderbolt if at all possible. While I don't like Motoblur...I do love the 1gig of RAM, dual core processor, HDMI port and the motorola accessories.

1gig of ram!? Sweeeeeet! If true. Where did you read this, because this is my first time hearing that it would have a full gig of ram. I actually haven't heard of any phone with a full gig of ram.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...mpus-etna-rumors-information-pictures-11.html

I see. Dual core processor, plus 1gig of ram?....Whoaaaa!(in Keanu Reeves voice).

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
They are saying January...that remains to be seen. This will be a big unveil though.

dewey77772002

Reaction score
Is Verizon still expected to announce the Etna at the CES? I feel like we keep hearing about the Olympus and AT&T and only the previous reports that the Etna would follow "a month or two later"

OP
Preach2k

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel XL/Galaxy Note 8
Twitter
DroidNCState
Rumor: Motorola Olympus to be revealed by AT&T next week

Rumor: Motorola Olympus to be revealed by AT&T next week

Did you know that we are giving away up-to 100 iPads, Samsung Galaxy S tablets, and Blackberry Playbooks on January 17th? Enter on Facebook at PhoneDog Sweepstakes on Facebook to receive your ticket numbers today!

140502-motorolaolympus.jpg

Motorola's Tegra 2-powered Olympus is one of the most anticipated Android phones around, especially for AT&T customers, and a new rumor suggests that we'll be seeing it unveiled as soon as next week. A source claims that ATT will announce the Olympus at a press conference next week, although it's not clear when they'll actually be launching the thing. A possible January release has been kicked around a bit, and even appeared briefly on AT&T's Facebook page, so don't be surprised if the Olympus lands shortly after its debut.

Although things will likely change after the launch of the Verizon iPhone, as of now AT&T isn't really known for its wide selection of high-end Android phones, which explains why a lot of people are excited about the Olympus. With rumored specs like a 1GHz dual-core Tegra 2, 4-inch display, and perhaps even Gingerbread, the Olympus will instantly be catapulted to the top of AT&T's Android lineup when it arrives, even if it is sporting MOTOBLUR. How many of you are looking forward to the launch of the Olympus (or its rumored Verizon LTE brother, the Etna)?

Alex Wagner

Source

Originally Posted by Moezy

Last edited:

ChuckG73

Reaction score
I have been sitting on my upgrade since the end of July and was very anxious about this and the Thunderbolt. I am actually kind of happy that it is Launching on AT&T 1st. That way everyone can see rather they want the Thunderbolt or the Etna. I imagine I will be getting the Etna.

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
I thought the LG had HDMI too? That phone arena spec list says it doesnt.

Guess we can chalk that one up to being over excited....lol

Cant wait til my upgrade in Apr.

2005CTS

Reaction score
For me it will come down to when the Motorola device is released. I will be buying either the HTC Thunderbolt or the Motorola phone - whichever comes out first. If I don't like whatever comes out first - I will just trade it in on the other device.

CES can't get here soon enough though.

Happy New Year everyone!!!

joker402

Reaction score
I might not be balling but if I buy either this full retail and sell my droid x for atleast 300, then I wouldnt be breaking the bank, just might have to buy both the thunderbolt, then this and decide which is better.

Status
Not open for further replies.