Motorola Droid RAZR launching early November for $299.99

Discussion in 'Android News' started by danDroid, Oct 18, 2011.

1. RaptorKC

RaptorKC Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Any word if this has the 4460, or a 4430 at 1.2GHz?

2. ConqSoft

ConqSoft Active Member

Ratings:
    +12
    You forget that NFC is required for Google Wallet, as well.

3. Dusty

Dusty Gold Member

Ratings:
    +597
    Current Phone Model:
    Pixel 3XL
    Sorry, my robe does that sometimes!

Say what you will about NFC. It's not just for syncing. Google has a big rollout coming for Google Wallet, and the first few times people see someone wave their phone at the local mall or at the stadium to pay for something I guarantee they'll ask "what's that!?". And, when they see their phone doesn't do it they'll feel the sting of remorse.

4. mach330

mach330 Active Member

Ratings:
    +54
    i wonder how thin the "hump" is compare to the bionic/dx*.

now i'm torn. gotta wait for the g-nex announcment tonight. if the g-nex is too big for my taste, i might have to go with this since my only complaint with bionic was the pentile and they fixed that. sweet. gotta love choices.

5. steveky

steveky Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Current Phone Model:
    Galaxy S6
    I cautiously say I want this to replace my D1, just like I said I wanted the Bionic. I held out because D1 did what I needed it to, but did it slow. I understand some people couldn't wait because their phones died out and NEEDED a replacement. I probably would have too if my D1 crapped out. I held off on the Bionic because I DID noticed the pixelation on the screen and I expected more from the camera. RAZR looks and sounds really good. But again, I'll wait for user reviews before I retire my D1. Besides, I'll be out of the country for most of Nov. Just my thoughts. :)

6. tgyberg

tgyberg Silver Member

Ratings:
    +343
    Current Phone Model:
    Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
    Yea, I had the GB leak first week of April. Quite a while before the OTA finally came!

7. barski

barski Member

Ratings:
    +0
  8. Dusty

Dusty Gold Member

Ratings:
    +597
    Current Phone Model:
    Pixel 3XL
    I agree my statement did come off as "keep up-ish". The main reason I'm looking for an NFC capable phone is that I think it would be cool to keep $100-$200 of "walking money" on my phone to use when out and about town. There are several other uses for NFC besides syncing and purchases. There is a good possibility that NFC would allow for some additional really cool features, and I'd like to take advantage of them without having to buy a phone before my contract is up.

It's not about what NFC does for you RIGHT NOW, but rather what it will/could do in a short 6-12 months from now. I honestly think NFC will be a "must have" future hardware with more of an impact than, let's say, front facing cameras.

9. tgyberg

tgyberg Silver Member

Ratings:
    +343
    Current Phone Model:
    Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
  10. RaptorKC

RaptorKC Member

Ratings:
    +0
  11. jonnhatch

jonnhatch New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I MUST OWN IT. Hopefully will be able to root it so i can get my wifi tether shortly after the phone comes out haha.

12. ilikemoneygreen

ilikemoneygreen Silver Member

Ratings:
    +18
    not to be random but Motorola Droid RAZR unveiled: LTE, 4.3-inch qHD Super AMOLED display, available November for $299 -- Engadget Engadget thinks the processor is a Ti Omap 4430. What the rumors say about the nexus is that its a 4460. Which would mean nexus has a leg up. Im not sure if thats just Engadget applying rumor to official spec to be more specific but i cannot find any other sights confirming the processor and the official release doesn't say. The signifigance of that is OMAP™ 4 Platform - OMAP4430/OMAP4460
    OMAP™ 4 Key Benefits

• Designed to drive smartphones, tablets and other multimedia-rich mobile devices
    • IVA 3 hardware accelerators enable full HD 1080p, multi-standard video encode/decode
    • Faster, higher-quality image and video capture with digital SLR-like imaging up to 20 megapixels
    • Dual-core ARM® Cortex™-A9 MPCore™ with Symmetric Multiprocessing (SMP)
    • Integrated POWERVR™ SGX540 graphics accelerator drives 3D gaming and 3D user interfaces
    • Highly optimized mobile applications platform
    • OMAP4430 operates at up to 1 GHz
    • OMAP4460 operates at up to 1.5 GHz
    Motorola would be overclocking a processor designed for 1ghz....the nexus which is rumored at 4460 will be designed at 1.5 and under clocked. Sorry to get in the nitty gritty but im a nerd like that. I bet the processor for the razr is 4460 though... if i had to ignore engadgets post.
    **Also to the people saying this is basically the bionic in a different shell, if it does have the 4460 then come-on how many differences are you going to throw out to say that? The bionic has a 4430.

#24 ilikemoneygreen, Oct 18, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2011