Droid RAZR MAXX Launch Date of January 26th Officially Confirmed by Verizon

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
DROID RAZR MAXX_Motorola_H4_web.jpg

Here's the official press release from Verizon for the launch of the new Motorola Droid RAZR MAXX, which is just a battery enhanced RAZR. The rumored date of January 26th is now confirmed by VZW themselves, and the phone will be available for $299.99 on a new contract. Some RAZR owners are not too thrilled that Motorola and Verizon brought out so quickly what amounts to a "refresh" of the device. Other folks seem happy about it. Sound off which camp you are in on the subject. Here's the press release below:

Verizon Wireless Takes DROID RAZR™ To The MAXX™ On Jan. 26
Customer Inquiries

For customer inquiries, please call 800-922-0204 or go to
Contact Us

01/24/2012

Click to download
The DROID RAZR™ MAXX™ by Motorola will be available on Jan. 26 in Verizon Wireless Communications Stores and online at Cell Phones - Smartphones: Cell Phone Service, Accessories - Verizon Wireless for $299.99 with a new two-year customer agreement. At just 8.99 mm, the RAZR MAXX is the longest-lasting smartphone on the block and still impossibly thin. Customers can have a smartphone with the endurance to talk on the phone for more than 21 hours straight on a single charge. Equipped with the same great features as the original DROID RAZR, customers can expect to rip through the Web at blazing speeds with a dual-core 1.2 GHz processor and Verizon Wireless 4G LTE. Verizon Wireless leads the way in 4G with the fastest and most reliable 4G network in the United States, covering more than 200 million people in 195 markets.

Additional features:

Powered by Android™ 2.3.5 Gingerbread, upgradable to Android™ 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich
Powerful 3300 mAh battery
8-megapixel rear-facing camera with 1080p HD video capture and image stabilization technology for crisp and clear videos
Front-facing HD camera for video chat over 4G LTE, 3G or Wi-Fi
4G LTE Mobile Hotspot capable – customers can share 4G LTE speed with up to eight Wi-Fi-enabled devices
Remote wipe, pin lock and government-grade encryption for email, calendar and contacts, as well as voice and video chat conferencing
32 GB memory – 16 GB on-board memory and 16 GB microSD™ card pre-installed (actual formatted capacity is less)
Customers that purchase a DROID RAZR MAXX will need to subscribe to a Verizon Wireless Nationwide Talk plan beginning at $39.99 monthly access and a smartphone data package starting at $30 monthly access for 2 GB of data. For more information on Verizon Wireless products and services, visit a Verizon Wireless Communications Store, call 1-800-2 JOIN IN or go to Cell Phones - Smartphones: Cell Phone Service, Accessories - Verizon Wireless.

MEDIA CONTACT:
Albert Aydin
[email protected]
908-559-7513

Source: VZW

Last edited:

ccgustavus

Reaction score
I'm actually looking forward to it. The battery life for me personally sucked on the orginal. I'm wondering if they are going to have it available in other colors right away or wait another 2-3 months.

mcjonesy

Reaction score
Fantastic! Now I can finally use this upgrade that's been burning a hole in my pocket since November.

surge

Reaction score
I have the Razr and I'm happy with it. The battery lasts me all day. I well wait for the next great phone.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

DesktopDevin

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
$299 for a phone and it does not even come with ICS... total fail!

Otherwise it is a nice phone I just don't think it should be priced as such coming with an already outdated OS version on it.

vatothe0

Reaction score
$299 for a phone and it does not even come with ICS... total fail!

Otherwise it is a nice phone I just don't think it should be priced as such coming with an already outdated OS version on it.

Why should a free os update (which is confirmed to be coming) dictate the price of the device?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

B-Unit

Reaction score
While I am a firm believer in the 'buy whats available when you upgrade camp' I had a realization reading the Galaxy SIII rumor thread this morning. OEMs do need to become more Apple like in release cadence, but that doesnt mean release one phone every year, it means unveil your LINEUP once a year. Imagine how sweet a press conference announcing RAZR, RAZR Maxx, and Droid 4 along with the XYBOARDS all at once would have been. Plus would avoid the issue of 'OMG I just bought my phone and they already have a better one' syndrome.

mcjonesy

Reaction score
While I am a firm believer in the 'buy whats available when you upgrade camp' I had a realization reading the Galaxy SIII rumor thread this morning. OEMs do need to become more Apple like in release cadence, but that doesnt mean release one phone every year, it means unveil your LINEUP once a year. Imagine how sweet a press conference announcing RAZR, RAZR Maxx, and Droid 4 along with the XYBOARDS all at once would have been. Plus would avoid the issue of 'OMG I just bought my phone and they already have a better one' syndrome.

Personally, I've always viewed buyer's remorse as a sign that I just didn't do enough research before my purchase. The crazy battery is more important to me than having ICS right now. I'd bet the devs have an ICS ROM available to the general public within a few weeks.

I think the Galaxy Nexus is an awesome phone, but I guess you can just call me a Motorola fanboy. They'll be getting my money tomorrow.

DesktopDevin

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Why should a free os update (which is confirmed to be coming) dictate the price of the device?

Would you pay the "premium" price for a computer that should be running Windows 7 that has Vista on it instead?:confused:

martytoo

Reaction score
I would if Windows 7 was a free upgrade.

I'm waiting for Windows 8. ;-)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus running a very stable ultra customized uber-cool FROYO ROM so that I can over clock to 2.3 GHz. (not)!

Last edited:

vatothe0

Reaction score
I would if Windows 7 was a free upgrade.

Aaand that's exactly what MS offered when Windows 7 was confirmed as right around the corner.

The Android situation is even better though since you don't have to format your phone to upgrade the OS!