Droid 4 from Motorola Officially Announced on Verizon

Discussion in 'Android News' started by dgstorm, Jan 9, 2012.

1. NoBloatware

NoBloatware Member

Ratings:
    +11
    OK, I see what you're saying. Your points about putting out devices that function properly and about abandoning phones without upgrades are definitely valid in my book so I now understand why 52 devices a year would not be a good move.

As far as the lemon, I've had my share of D3 hardware issues but it was ironed out rather quickly through Verizon's warranty program. As long as your phone hasn't gotten wet and is in good shape, they'll send you a like new replacement. I recommend it because I am now happy with my D3.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2012
  2. thinkmega

thinkmega Member

Ratings:
    +0
    It's terrible! Can you return it or ask for warranty service?

How long these problems started surfacing after owning the phone?

3. apotheosis415

apotheosis415 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Yeah but it is the same with every phone I have gotten back from them. I'm going to keep trying to send it back....again.
    The camcorder I noticed the day I got the phone. Same with the blue tint on the camera. Luckily camera 360 is much faster then the stock app. SO glad they finally got that app back on the android app market.

4. debdroid1a

debdroid1a Member

Ratings:
    +6
    In the pics it looks like there's a button SYM in the lower left hand corner. It probably brings up a symbol box on the screen.

I'm not sure if I'm all that excited about it now as the Droid 4 is just the Razr with a keyboard and the Razr has been out since 11/11/11.
    My D1 is okay. Still running stock. Had to factory reset, but it's fine now. So I may keep it until May when my NE2 is up and see what my other options are. Unless it dies on me.

5. thinkmega

thinkmega Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I just got mine two weeks ago and LOVE it. Yes, the camera appears to be slow in action. Camcorder sometimes has difficulties to stay focused. However, it is a GREAT phone compared to D1.

I am not too bothered by D4's 4G capability due to its unremovable battery and battery demanding nature in 4G environment. The 1.2G cpu over 1G is just marginal IMO. The advantage of having 1G RAM over 512RAM is really subject to the user's requirement. Some may benefit more. To me at this point 1G appears to be indifferent.

I think by the time I reach my next upgrade (20 months from now), everything we see today would be so outdated. Therefore, relax and enjoy D3!

6. liftedplane

liftedplane Senior Member

Ratings:
    +141
    I will probably dump my bionic for this, even though it's .3 inches smaller on the screen the physical keyboard is WAY nice..... though that purple razr sounds pretty awesome, yes purple... I know I'd of bought the htc rhyme if it had been more powerful.

7. jedihep

jedihep Member

Ratings:
    +0
    My question is if it is essentially a Razor with a slightly smaller screen and a slide out kdeyboard then why Moto did we have to wait for it's release!!? Why if we had to wait for it doesn't it have 32Gb and the 3,300mAh battery that the Maxx does!!!? Moto you bunch of marketing prostitutes stop back seating the Droid just to invigorate the Razor name! As I said before you are a bunch of idiots. Give us the best most advanced processor, a slide out keyboard, and a removable battery or at least the biggest one available, and release it so that it is the most advanced in the line and you will sell them hand over fist like you did the OG Droid! Simply put Moto! STOP backseating the Droid to push and build a market for the Razor!!! If I wanted thin crap I'd buy it for that reason alone! STOP sabotageing the Droid and treating it's loyal users/consumers as a third class second rate afterthought! Let's face facts Verizon, you are on top not because of the Razor, not for your faulty 4G network, but because of the impact of the OG Droid and it's loyal support! What other phone receives the attention and continued support like the OG! Verizon, you have the pull and the clout to demand that Moto changes it's ways and builds and provides this phone for your customers! Wake up and stop the denial of a formula that is and would continue to be a total success! Make a modern OG flagship phone!

Last edited: Jan 9, 2012
  8. Jonas

Jonas Member

Ratings:
    +15
    Alright, well I have a few actually rational questions other than "is this gonna suck"? For all you D3 guys out there trashing on the Droid 4, I'm sorry, but I have the D2G, upgraded through insurance from the OG, and other than having a locked bootloader, I have not had a problem with the phone itself. I have had specific problems with specific phones, but over all, I love this phone. Which is why I'm leaning towards this phone.

Does anyone know if this phone will follow suit with the locked bootloader, or if we will finally get a droid with an unlocked bootloader? That will be a deal killer, because I am exceedingly tired of having halfway ROMs for the D2G. If this is locked, I think I might call it a day with Moto, and take my business over to Samsung, or HTC, they seem to have their collective ingredients in a group.

9. soops

soops Member

Ratings:
    +2
    Finally a nice 4" screen, with KB & lte. This is almost worthy to retire my D1. Unlocked bootloader is the only thing separating D4 from a true D1 successor worthy of the name.

Sent from my DROID using Tapatalk

10. hradek422

hradek422 Member

Ratings:
    +11
    Not sure if everyone knows this, but the D4 is out on the Droid Does website now.

11. BenLand150

BenLand150 Premium Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +82
    The 3 had duel core.. I would assume this does? Haven't looked at the specs though so maybe not since it got 4g. Key sure it does though.

This phone would have been mine if they didn't keep the same screen as my droid 3. And possible ICS. When I get a new phone I want a legit upgrade. But it is a great phone if going from the Droid.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

Last edited: Jan 17, 2012
  12. BJPalmer85

BJPalmer85 Member

Ratings:
    +6
    yes it does

Droid 4 Specs

B

13. BenLand150

BenLand150 Premium Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +82
    Really? My phone was literally pretty much perfect. Rooted and everything of course.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

14. braveone772

braveone772 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Uhhh...

There ya go.

15. sonicxtacy02

sonicxtacy02 Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Got to play with this device for about 40 minutes at CES. It's a BEAST. Very thin for a slider (thinner than my bionic with extended battery), and everything was lightening fast. The keyboard is by far the best of the Droid series and may be the best i've encountered at all. Just enough raise and firm response. I'll be getting this for my wife.