Droid Bionic Press Release hits the web; Official Launch Tomorrow, Sept. 8th

DeliriousGoddess

Reaction score
Upgraded no problem over the phone. Also confirmed that I'm grandfathered in for unlimited data plan. I was allowed to upgrade way early at the discount price but just had to pay a $20 fee to do so. Still way better than paying full price.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

rza49311

Reaction score
Anybody else notice the lulz verizon tried to make? Take a closer look at #2 on the task list in the pic.

Trusstopher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah, I caught that, it would have been substantially better if the other two tasks had been something like "Buy Red Stapler" or "Come into work on Saturday"

Edi

Reaction score
Did you take out a loan??

Eh, it wasn't all that bad honestly. I guess I'm used to spending a lot of money on all my hobbies (photography, astronomy, audio gear) so the price for the phone and accessories was really not much to me. :blush:

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
Eh, it wasn't all that bad honestly. I guess I'm used to spending a lot of money on all my hobbies (photography, astronomy, audio gear) so the price for the phone and accessories was really not much to me. :blush:

I hear that. What I have dropped on high end audio gear and Canon L glass makes the phone game seem like a few pennies!

BLeClair12

Reaction score
Anyone get any sort of email confirmation yet from over the phone orders? She gave me an order number over the phone, but no Location number or whatever, so I can't check the status online. I'm assuming it's processing, because my NE2 upgrade changed to 5/2013, but nothing else has changed. The price of the phone hasn't been added to my account or anything.

I asked her when I could expect delivery, and she told me it should ship out today barring any complications, and I could expect delivery "anytime between tomorrow and Saturday".

donzz

Reaction score
Interesting, I just talked to a sales rep and he told me he didn't know when the Bionic was coming out. He said he would call me and let me know because I am due for an upgrade. Also, I signed up to get an emails about the Bionic on Verizon's website and as of this very second, I got nothing! Seems awfully odd to me!

Reaction score
I called the local Verizon store today and they put my name on a list with a time to come in tomorrow and pick it up. First thing tomorrow morning. :icon_ banana:

B

Bruce A Frazier

Restored

I have restored several of the DMC stanless skin cars.Front to rear & the French engines. How bout the 3 that was made with twin turbos.

DeliriousGoddess

Reaction score
Anyone get any sort of email confirmation yet from over the phone orders? She gave me an order number over the phone, but no Location number or whatever, so I can't check the status online. I'm assuming it's processing, because my NE2 upgrade changed to 5/2013, but nothing else has changed. The price of the phone hasn't been added to my account or anything.

I asked her when I could expect delivery, and she told me it should ship out today barring any complications, and I could expect delivery "anytime between tomorrow and Saturday".

I received a shipping confirmation like an hour and a half after I called. I just checked FedEX, and it's in transit.

dgoakill

Reaction score

you can go to verizon's site and under support there is an option to track order. you have to select where you ordered, online, store, or phone. if phone you need order number, last name and location number. I don't have my location number, so I was SOL. but dialing *611 a prompt comes up and says that you ordered new hardware and offers to give you a tracking number. mine is supposed to be here tomorrow. I did not and still haven't received an email confirming the order, but it's on it's way!dancedroid

Bear in NM

Reaction score
You guys are killing me. My small town Verizon, deer in the headlights about the phone. The third largest town in my state, of 5 store I called, I got the deer in the headlights over the phone from 3 and the other two said maybe they will see them at the end of the week or next. I treid 611 and I got "we do not have any in stock" (which I new was a crock of bull) and a conversation which ended with the gal asking me if there was another phone I was interested in. That last little question almost pushed me to saying something that I might have regretted, but it's only a phone. It is just a drag because while I can order it tomorrow, no way FedX can guarantee a Friday delivery, where I live.

So you lucky ones (or more more forceful ones) who will have them, please rub our noses in it with reviews and such. I may need a little vicarious living this weekend.

Craig

y0manda

Reaction score
Can you text and talk or use data simultaneously with this phone like the HTC Thunderbolt? Can the boot loader be unlocked? I heard the Vigor will have an HD 720p screen, will this phone also have a HD screen? Did Motorola continue to use the metal body parts for the phone? The prime and the vigor will have a 1.5 ghz dual core cpu, I heard this phone only has a 1 ghz cpu, is this correct? Does Motorola - Google *cough* still have camera issues? It seems as though every phone they release does.