Droid Bionic Press Release hits the web; Official Launch Tomorrow, Sept. 8th

Sweettooth

Reaction score
I was going to get the Bionic but seeing as how I haven't really done much with my phone other than text and call lately I decided to semi-finish a gaming computer I've been working on, so I guess I'll be keeping my OG Droid for a few more months. The upside is the phone that will steamroll the Bionic, Vigor, and Prime should be out by then lol

Stories

Reaction score
The first previews from Gizmodo and Engadget suggest a solid but flawed phone... I may be waiting for the Vigor or Prime now...

Stories

Reaction score
Not to jack, but isn't the HTC Vigor supposed to be released tomorrow as well? And you guys are actually gonna get this? I waited this long, might was well wait for the Droid/Nexus Prime or the Vigor... (not to bash or hate)

I think it's an October release

DesktopDevin

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
The first previews from Gizmodo and Engadget suggest a solid but flawed phone... I may be waiting for the Vigor or Prime now...

They said more than flawed, They described the display as "grainy" and the webtop dock kept displaying out of memory errors.

You think after delaying this long that Motorola would not release this product while still having issues.

But it looks like they are doing just that. They are just shoving it out the door to get it out there. Major Fail :icon_evil: and this is a pass by me as much as I was waiting for it's arrival:icon_ cry:.

I'm waiting for something better to use my upgrade on.

ConqSoft

Reaction score
Gizmodo was just looking for a reason not to like it. Pentile screens look just fine.

Fine with me, more Bionics for the rest of us. ;)

shobe

Reaction score
I read the preliminary review from Engadget, Gizmodo, and BGR. So far, the only one to have a negative review is Gizmodo and it was related to the webtop and the screen. With regard to the webtop, that's added functionality that I'm not sure many are even going to use. As for the screen, I think it may be a preference thing since it was noted in the other reviews that they looked for the pixilation and didn't see it. I'm waiting for a week or two anyway so I can either hear the release date for the Prime or go to Costco and get the bundle.

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
They said more than flawed, They described the display as "grainy" and the webtop dock kept displaying out of memory errors.

You think after delaying this long that Motorola would not release this product while still having issues.

But it looks like they are doing just that. They are just shoving it out the door to get it out there. Major Fail :icon_evil: and this is a pass by me as much as I was waiting for it's arrival:icon_ cry:.

I'm waiting for something better to use my upgrade on.

Oh just think of it as a giant soak test!

ntrddragn

Reaction score
There is no need for an official announcement. This site and other android site have basically announced already. :p

Edi

Reaction score
If you dial *611 and talk to a rep you can order the phone RIGHT NOW and you get free overnight FedEx so you have it tomorrow! I just ordered it and some screen protectors. The rep said I am still on unlimited data and I don't have to sign up for a 4G plan. It will come to me all set up so that when 4G hits my area in two weeks it will automatically switch from 3 to 4G. So basically all I had to do was ask for the phone, they confirmed my eligibility, and had me go through the automated contract renewal stuff. I'm having it shipped to my office so I can make sure someone is available to sign for it!!!!!

I just called them twice to order but they have no clue on the phone, who did you ask for to place the order?

floyddrose1

Reaction score
nope

I called 611 and the verizon rep said that phone is not available at this time and may be released in the next week or 2. Just sayin.

BLeClair12

Reaction score
I'm on the phone with Verizon as we speak putting in my order. It's taking them forever to get everything situated, but the girl I'm speaking with said she can place the order without any problem.

Edi

Reaction score
Third times the charm, talked to customer server and got the Bionic, standard dock, and car navigation dock on order. dancedroid

dgoakill

Reaction score
worked for me! just ordered it first try. Guy wasn't going to do it but I asked if there was a particular time I should call back and he said let me see if I can do it now and it worked. painless, except for the paying part. ouch.