Motorola Droid RAZR HD Seems To Be Suffering From Screen Issue?

Discussion in 'Android News' started by Shadez, Nov 8, 2012.

1. Shadez

Shadez Super Mod/News Team Staff Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +204
    Current Phone Model:
    HTC One M8
    Twitter:
    @Shadez69
    [​IMG]

Some reviewers have been pointing out that the RAZR MAXX HD may not be all it's cracked up to be. Again, judgement is in the eye of the beholder. But some are reporting smeared, kinda like when you press down on an LCD screen and see an array of rainbow colors. But just something to keep in mind before you buy... test all your choices and make sure it's what you want!

Think this will affect your decision?

Via: Pocketnow

2. tjk629

tjk629 Silver Member

Ratings:
    +65
    This type of issue isn't too uncommon among first release phones. Depends on how widespread it is.

• Like Like x 1
  3. jroc

jroc Silver Member

Ratings:
    +61
    Yea.....is either a manufacturing defect.....or a design flaw. I'm leaning towards manufacturing defect. I just sent in my PS Vita for a warranty issue. My screen was jumping and would only stop if I held down the power button and the PS button didnt work. I think they just gave a a new system instead of fixing it. My screen was scratched up and it looks new.

Just checked the screws and serial number, they just game a a new system...I wondered why it got sent back so fast....lol.

4. skennelly

skennelly Active Member

Ratings:
    +29
    Reminds me a lot of the DroidX. I had three replacement phones due to things like this. I was almost second guessing myself for switching to the s3 and not waiting for the hd. However, this story confirms that I made the right decision. No more Motorolas for me.

5. jroc

jroc Silver Member

Ratings:
    +61
    The funny thing is...I had a Droid X, no issues, a RAZR, no issues, a Maxx HD...no issues.

Its really hard to say if its a defect or design flaw or if it effect alot of ppl. Bad batches do happen too.

6. TOMMYBOT

TOMMYBOT Member

Ratings:
    +20
    Droid x never had one flaw for me. Bionic. Still running strong and loving it.

sent from my leaked ics bionic using tapatalk 2

7. skennelly

skennelly Active Member

Ratings:
    +29
    Just goes to show you that it's all a matter of perspective and experience. Manufacturers need to do everything in their power to eliminate these types of problems because for the person that buys this phone and has the above experience, will most likely not give motorola another chance. I know I won't. I bought my S3 and have had an amazing experience so far and chances are, Samsung has a customer for a long time.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Lucas5

Lucas5 Member

Ratings:
    +0
  9. Tonik

Tonik Active Member

Ratings:
    +44
    Until Samsung messes up and they will. They all do. Vendors go up and down. 30 years ago Ford made junk for cars and now they are making some of the best out there. Not giving you a hard time...I am jumping ship on Moto also after the Bionic fiasco. Just waiting to see the Note 2 on Verizon before I decide on that or the S3. Wife has had the S3 for several weeks. Touchwiz is amazing and the phone is rock solid.

So to answer the original question does this possible issue impact my decision, no because I have already made my decision. But it does reaffirm to me that I am making the right decision to jump ship.

10. SquireSCA

SquireSCA Senior Member

Ratings:
    +100
    Anyone have a pic of what this flaw looks like? I never saw it on my DroidX, and I have two RazR HD's and they both seem fine, but I don't what I am looking for...

11. djspy

djspy Member

Ratings:
    +14
    There's a picture of the problem on the very first post.

12. TisMyDroid

TisMyDroid Silver Member

Ratings:
    +354
    Not that this hasn't happened on at least one person's HD but I've yet to see one report of this problem on people with HD's in this forum. My best guess is it is a manufacturer defect covered by warranty.

13. akhenax

akhenax Senior Member

Ratings:
    +133
    What was the fiasco? I'm actually impressed with Motorola for creating an ICS update for the Droid Bionic. I was fully expecting them to leave you Bionic users in the wind.

14. wvdroidman

wvdroidman Member

Ratings:
    +6
    besides for software and firmware issues my thunderbolt never had any problems. It's been dropped numerous times and gotten wet numerous times a little banged up but still works. Just if verizon and htc could ever fix the software/firmware issues but unfortunately with it being near the end of it's life cycle with only a few updates left that is very unlikely to happen.

15. Mfinchv1

Mfinchv1 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I did jump ship. After two years of moto...droid 1...droid x..awesome phone..droid bionic..good phone!! Ive upgraded to a sg3...had a week now. Very tempted...to still take this back...so I can try the razr hd. Got the galaxy 3 best buy..$100 bucks

Search tags for this page
common problems razr hd

droid razr hd cracked screen

droid razr hd screen crack

droid rzr hd screen just quit working cracks under screen
moto razrhd problem
motorola droid hd issues
motorola razr hd broken screen
motorollq droid problems with scren cracking

razr hd issues

razr maxx hd broken screen