[REVIEW] Motorola Droid RAZR HD

acousticshade

Reaction score
BenLand150 said:
Between the One X, Note 2, Gs3, and even i*hone 5, the RAZRS is the worst out of the bunch, no doubt.

Yup, check the reviews. And yes, the Rezound's camera is quite a bit better. I own the Rezound & it takes fantastic shots.

Quantumstate

Reaction score
I am really surprised that it's about the same physical size as the XT910. Yet with a larger screen? I thought the XT910 was full width, so on the HD did they just lengthen the screen?

Surely there's a chance for an HD GSM model?

lloydstrans

Banned
Reaction score
Quantumstate said:
I am really surprised that it's about the same physical size as the XT910. Yet with a larger screen? I thought the XT910 was full width, so on the HD did they just lengthen the screen?

Surely there's a chance for an HD GSM model?

Yes, the hard buttons were replace with buttons on the screen. While watching videos and such the buttons fade away and you have a larger screen. Just about ⅜ of an inch longer.

geoff5093

Reaction score
If this had a better camera it would be more of a reason to get this over the Note 2, but I use the camera way too much...

HNettles

Reaction score
Too little, too late?

Quoting from the review on PC Mag:

"If you're looking for a greater all-around multimedia package, the Samsung Galaxy S III has a better camera and call quality, along with a ton of additional advanced features."

meaker

Reaction score
acousticshade said:
Unfortunately, the camera on this is pretty poor compared to the other tier 1 phones. The 1 gig ram is a bit disappointing also.

Hmmm, seems like this Christmas season is following close behind last year. Wish moto would put together a phone with a decent camera and HTC would shove a bigger battery in their phone. At least Sammy upgraded their camera to be on par with HTC. Last year, it definately wasn't.

I agree. If moto could just get the camera up to par with others thus would be my next phone. I like no plastic, just metal. Also moto has some of the best radios.
HTC fails when coming to battery size. Samsung radios are just so so and the phones are too much plastic.. Just wish one company could do the hole package without having a five inch plus screen....

Spydaz

Reaction score
meaker said:
I agree. If moto could just get the camera up to par with others thus would be my next phone. I like no plastic, just metal. Also moto has some of the best radios.
HTC fails when coming to battery size. Samsung radios are just so so and the phones are too much plastic.. Just wish one company could do the hole package without having a five inch plus screen....

One word battery. The shooter isn't that bad if you tweak the settings a little.

You all do know that the camera is set at 6mp default right...... you have to go into the settings in the camera and switch it to 8mp.

geoff5093

Reaction score
I noticed that after changing the camera from 6MP to 8MP it makes a significant difference. For what it's worth, I took a photo of the same sign at a Verizon store with a GS3, MAXX HD, and TB, and the MAXX HD clearly won when zoomed in. It was sharper, had higher contrast, and overall it just looked better.

I agree though, I with there was a phone that combined Motorola's ruggedness, radios, and build quality with HTC's camera and display, along with Samsung's features and openness (bootloader).

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
geoff5093 said:
I noticed that after changing the camera from 6MP to 8MP it makes a significant difference. For what it's worth, I took a photo of the same sign at a Verizon store with a GS3, MAXX HD, and TB, and the MAXX HD clearly won when zoomed in. It was sharper, had higher contrast, and overall it just looked better.

I agree though, I with there was a phone that combined Motorola's ruggedness, radios, and build quality with HTC's camera and display, along with Samsung's features and openness (bootloader).

Now that would be the absolute perfect phone! C'mon Moto, you're almost there!

npro1464

Reaction score
That's it! We need a dog fight video b/t the Razr HD and the S3. It's the only way!!

acousticshade

Reaction score
http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2411093,00.asp

Engadget has a good review also, but does not do a serious camera review. Interesting that this has a water resistant nano coating on it-pretty cool. The camera and ergonomic issues take this phone out of the running for me though.

While this review does not get too in-depth with the camera, pc mag usually gives a pretty good camera review. Can't say this about all phone reviewers though. A lot tend to just snap a few photos and look at them on phone or copy & paste other articles. A serious camera review takes a trained eye, dozens of photos and comparisons to images with true color representation. The average tech reviewers unfortunately don't take the time to do this.

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Motorola Droid Razr HD (Verizon Wireless) Review & Rating | PCMag.com

Engadget has a good review also, but does not do a serious camera review. Interesting that this has a water resistant nano coating on it-pretty cool. The camera and ergonomic issues take this phone out of the running for me though.

While this review does not get too in-depth with the camera, pc mag usually gives a pretty good camera review. Can't say this about all phone reviewers though. A lot tend to just snap a few photos and look at them on phone or copy & paste other articles. A serious camera review takes a trained eye, dozens of photos and comparisons to images with true color representation. The average tech reviewers unfortunately don't take the time to do this.

Look for Phone Arena or Anandtech's review. Those 2 usually do a good, further in depth camera and video recording review.

geoff5093

Reaction score
Well I spoke to soon. I went up north today into the mountains and took several pictures, the quality is absolutely horrible. Most photos look worse than my Thunderbolt, and I tried it in single shot mode as well as HDR (8MP too).

2012-10-20095551.jpg

2012-10-20073209.jpg

2012-10-20161332.jpg

2012-10-20161341.jpg

2012-10-20182421.jpg