[REVIEW] Motorola Droid RAZR HD

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
[video=youtube;HXONRlmzeW4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HXONRlmzeW4&feature=youtu.be[/video]​

Here's a quick look at the Motorola Droid RAZR HD that will release on Verizon Wireless October 18, 2012. As expected, the RAZR HD is a fantastic piece of hardware with the build quality that is expected from a Motorola handset. The handset performed flawlessly while shooting video, playing games and multi-tasking. Call quality was crystal clear and data connectivity remained constant. Motorola has kept in step with their top notch reception on this handset. Feel in hand is superior to that of it's older brother, the original RAZR, and the aluminum/kevlar body is weighted perfectly. The handset possesses a perfect weight in which you feel like you are holding something substantial but not so much that it is overwhelming.

The deep blacks and sharp colors really pop on the screen and as expected the UI hasn't lost it's speed and fluidity. Running Ice Cream Sandwich 4.0.4 there are no surprises with the software. The HD should see Jellybean by the end of the year, but we all know how that goes, lets hope for the best. Overall we came away very impressed with the handset. From the build quality to the reliability, the RAZR HD should deliver the goods if you are looking for a well built reliable handset that just works.

Enjoy the review.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Dang it... lalalalalalalalalalalalalala.. I can't see this... lalalalalalalalala... :banghead:

Good review... will power.... I need will power..... breathing..... breathing.......

Awesome review, now I just have to try to fight my urges...

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
Great video review CK!

Spydaz

Reaction score
How about pictures??? How's the shooter on that tank!!

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

npro1464

Reaction score
The build quality on this phone looks awesome. It really is a work of art. If I have to stay on VZ, it will be between this and the Note II. A locked bootloader won't mean much since these phones tend to get awesome dev support anyway.

MissionImprobable

Silver Member
Reaction score
Sort of want in MAXX variant, but I'm more than hesitant because of the bootloader game VZ is still playing. As of now if you use the unlocker they claim they will remove you from the network, which makes zero sense. The Note II is looking like a much better way to go considering the ease of rooting and unlocking that has been managed on Samsung devices. Just sucks that some of the greatest releases get handicapped by VZ like they do. The safestrap mess required for the Droid 4 and RAZR line is an extra headache that I really don't want to deal with if I don't have to.

acousticshade

Reaction score
Unfortunately, the camera on this is pretty poor compared to the other tier 1 phones. The 1 gig ram is a bit disappointing also.

Hmmm, seems like this Christmas season is following close behind last year. Wish moto would put together a phone with a decent camera and HTC would shove a bigger battery in their phone. At least Sammy upgraded their camera to be on par with HTC. Last year, it definately wasn't.

Spydaz

Reaction score
Unfortunately, the camera on this is pretty poor compared to the other tier 1 phones. The 1 gig ram is a bit disappointing also.

Hmmm, seems like this Christmas season is following close behind last year. Wish moto would put together a phone with a decent camera and HTC would shove a bigger battery in their phone. At least Sammy upgraded their camera to be on par with HTC. Last year, it definately wasn't.

And I take it you have first hand experience with the shooter on this phone?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

BenLand150

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
And I take it you have first hand experience with the shooter on this phone?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
Between the One X, Note 2, Gs3, and even i*hone 5, the RAZRS is the worst out of the bunch, no doubt.

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
BenLand150 said:
Between the One X, Note 2, Gs3, and even i*hone 5, the RAZRS is the worst out of the bunch, no doubt.

In regards to camera, yes... Not the best camera but pretty darn good for what I need. Even the rezound has a better camera than the Razr. But I will always use a "real" camera for times I want to ensure professional quality no matter what phone I have.

On the things most important to me in a smart phone (data, speed, phone call reception, fluidity, app stability, no force closes or random reboots) both my Razr's have been stellar!

I still want a note 2 though!