Motorola Droid + Froyo = A Speed Demon

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
From what I gather the current release of Froyo is a "release candidate" for beta testing. Looking forward to the official release. I'll be ready to pounce on a rooted version of Froyo rather than waiting for Verizon to push the non-rooted version OTA when they're good and ready to stop sitting on their hands.

-----------------------------------------------------
** my sister is getting her Droid Saturday dancedroid **

Tell her to wait to get the Xtreme or Droid 2

Appleanche

Reaction score
From what I gather the current release of Froyo is a "release candidate" for beta testing. Looking forward to the official release. I'll be ready to pounce on a rooted version of Froyo rather than waiting for Verizon to push the non-rooted version OTA when they're good and ready to stop sitting on their hands.

Hell, why wait... if Froyo is as good as it seems then it's almost like getting a 2x faster device for nothing. :)

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score

Hell, why wait... if Froyo is as good as it seems then it's almost like getting a 2x faster device for nothing. :)

Not really, it'll still cost you 200 bucks lol.

Jmart922

Reaction score
This sounds very promising, I'm anxious to see what's being whipped up over there....hmmmm hopefully some delicious froyo! Glad I have the day off >=)

chaosz3ro

Reaction score
I feel pathetic that I'm so excited for a new rom.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dolfan

Reaction score
Ok silly me , whats rooted and non rooted...please explain the difference to a newbie..

Bob

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Go to the hacks section and read the stickies.

Dolfan

Reaction score
Go to the hacks section and read the stickies.

I just read some, I guess what is being said then for the froyo update at this time only rooted phones will be able to download then install the froyo rom, us non rooted peeps are in limbo till verizon or motorola push froyo out to us which may still be awhile Im guessing..?

Bob

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Pretty much = \

Dolfan

Reaction score
Pretty much = \

Figures!!!
some of my apps have did an update to be compatible with froyo over the last couple days, but prolly be months for us to get the update..

Bob

DessoThumbs

Reaction score
I'm glad I didn't read this last night, I really would have been an insomniacal fool. Didn't have my Ambein to start with (yeah I'm pretty much hooked on it). Gotta get the doctor to phone it in today or I will be bananas.
Back OT:
Please help me out; I'm rooted with BB 0.9 and smoked theme/oc to 1.25 but I just followed a step by step guide; didn't really learn as I went. I'm making an image of my entire 16 meg card as I type. What will be the method I'll use to up to 2.2? Just the update.zip copied to the root of the card???

TIA

homeboy123

Reaction score
What will be the method I'll use to up to 2.2? Just the update.zip copied to the root of the card???

TIA

Most likely... If you're using sprecovery, change to update.zip if necessary, otherwise with CM, no need to change the name, just install the zip and presto! FROYO!!