Motorola Droid Bionic Joins the Droid Family!

Big Ry

Reaction score
Ok, what's the deal with the processor? There's been way too much confusion on these dual core processors...

The bionic, according to DF, has the nvidia tegra 2 dual core 1GHz processor that totals 2GHz in clock speeds between cores.

The attic, also according to DF, has the same nvidia processor, but it only totals 1GHz between cores.

What is going on here? Someone needs to get this right already, im tired of the misinformation. As much as id love to believe there's a 2GHz processor out there, me thinks its truly just 1GHz. Now, is each core capable of this speed, or is the sum of the cores' speeds 1GHz?

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Dual Cores @ 1GHZ means 2 cores clocked at 1ghz each. So a top speed of 2GHZ is achievable on these devices. Both handsets are running the same processor. You confused yourself : )

Currently there are no 2GHZ Dual Cores.

Sent from my Droid

rybnik

Reaction score
Hmm. Not sure yet if excited for this phone option......

B

BUFFALOMADMAN

not sold on the 512 needs to be more for better speed ability. And a little off topic but I always wondered why swearing wasn't allowed on these forums everyone is an adult so what if I want to say something on my mind? I thought android is open? Not trying to start anything just wondered why so much control on what to say. I mean the moderators have the power to ban someone or a post so if it does get out of hand so whats the difference? Like I said tho I am not trying to start anything a lot of vocabulary consists of swearing tho:icon_ banana:

Phantom99

Reaction score
OMG, just from the info that's out so far I gotta go change my drawers, I just had a nerdgasim:unsure:. Sorry for the extra info but thought y'all might like to know...lol. Can't w8 to see when 4g will hit my area, might just have have to do an early trade in.dancedroid

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
No locked bootloader AND no Blur????? This WILL be my next phone if that's true!!!! dancedroiddancedroiddancedroiddancedroid

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
not sold on the 512 needs to be more for better speed ability. And a little off topic but I always wondered why swearing wasn't allowed on these forums everyone is an adult so what if I want to say something on my mind? I thought android is open? Not trying to start anything just wondered why so much control on what to say. I mean the moderators have the power to ban someone or a post so if it does get out of hand so whats the difference? Like I said tho I am not trying to start anything a lot of vocabulary consists of swearing tho:icon_ banana:

The admin wants to keep DF family friendly. Otherwise, there would be no need fot moderators. Not everyone here is an adult, there are quite a few teenagers here actually. :)

briankeith513

Reaction score
To those calling the Atrix "better" than the Droid Bionic, the Atrix does have 1gb of ram, but the Droid Bionic has an 8megapixel can, 4.3 in screen, and LTE. We also have not heard the rest about the phone yet, as Verizon hasn't gotten a chance yet to present at CES.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

2005CTS

Reaction score
To those calling the Atrix "better" than the Droid Bionic, the Atrix does have 1gb of ram, but the Droid Bionic has an 8megapixel can, 4.3 in screen, and LTE. We also have not heard the rest about the phone yet, as Verizon hasn't gotten a chance yet to present at CES.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

And Per Motorola's website - the Atrix has some cool accessories that are NOT available for the Bionic (and not interchangeable either based on the location of the HDMI and USB ports). As for the .3 difference in screen size - I see this as an advantage. Makes the phone an easier fit in pant pockets and keeps the iPhone4 equalling pixel density more tightly packed for a better looking screen. And it is that 1 gb of RAM that allows the phone to essentially work as a computer.

Both phones are pretty good - but the Atrix and its accessories beat anything out there on the market or revealed for the market. It is amazing!!!

Big Cam

Reaction score
Looks pretty badass to me, lets hope it is 1gig, I'm getting sick of new phones coming out with no memory for app's, in this day and age it's just silly.

raider1970

Reaction score
I got the same feeling in my gut when I saw this as when I first saw my beloved D1. Can't wait until September when I can upgrade. Will sit by, anxiously drooling, until then!:icon_eek: