Motorola Droid Bionic Joins the Droid Family!

andrew53517

Reaction score
Ck, I saw you post today February/march for a release date, but quarter 2 starts April to June.. so will we maybe see it early?

Ohyea!

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
I hope we see it round feb. I'm getting tired of my D1 going into lag mode every time I open an app lately.

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
this guy on engadget:

hardware is only as fast as the software its optimized for. android so far is not made for dual cores. also, android is bloated, and the multitasking memory management is horrible, which means itll still be slow. my samsung focus is faster than this phone, and it has a snapdragon. thats because wp7 is fully optimized for that chip. android is not optimized for any chip, therefore it will always be a slow laggy pos.

a search box taking up half the screen? what a excuse of a UI. this is what happens when you have an advertising company (google) making software, it tries to force you to use google at the UI's expense. noone wants a lame search box.

this phone's edges look thick, round, and fugly. the back is just disgusting. my samsung focus is laughing at the thickness.

You're right, the software isn't optimized for dual core, thats because dual core is VERY NEW.

Just turn off the google search widget. Do you even have a droid phone?

As for its size, it doesn't even mention dimensions. It could be what, a centimeter thigh, maybe 1.5 centimeters.

2005CTS

Reaction score
Also - has anyone noticed that all those cool accessories that the Atrix has are not listed as available on Motorola's website?

DROID BIONIC BY Motorola - Android Social Smartphone - - Overview - Motorola Mobility, Inc. USA

If that is the case...then VZW customers got screwed. Looks like AT&T has the better device...to offset the loss of the iPhone4 exclusivity most likely.

And one more thing...the Bionic's HDMI and USB ports are in different spots than the Atrix...so the accessories are not interchangeable.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Ck, I saw you post today February/march for a release date, but quarter 2 starts April to June.. so will we maybe see it early?

That was my bad. I didn't correct the mistake. The link I referenced showed a release date of Q2 no sooner.

So yes end of March/April is the target.

Sent from my Droid

Malvado

DF News Team/Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
droid-bionic-motorola.png

If you had a chance to read the article we posted earlier on the Motorola Atrix, then you got to be itching to see what Motorola is going to unleash for Verizon tomorrow. Well we got a glimpse a little early. Today our Droid Family expands with a new Droid... Let's all give a big welcome for the new Motorola Droid Bionic! Here's what we know so far:

• Display: 4.3" QHD
  • Camera: 8 MP with front-face web cam
  • Processor: nVidia Tegra dual-core 1 Ghz processor
  • Memory: 512MB Ram and up to 48GB Storage (16gb Internal, 32GBExternal)
  • Network: 4G/LTE
  • Available: Early 2nd Quarter
  • HDMI
  • Android 2.2
We've been told that the phone will could have no locked bootloader and if that's true, it should be the #1 choice for devs and modders. Also, according to Motorola's website there is no mention of Motoblur.. Vanilla Android maybe?? dancedroid

Full press release posted here: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-news/113263-droid-bionic.html

Motorola Droid Bionic Forum here: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/mo...-motorola-droid-bionic-forum.html#post1161990

Source: DROID BIONIC BY Motorola - Android Social Smartphone - - Overview - Motorola Mobility, Inc. USA
well from the looks of the icons, it looks like its gonna have blur. so i doubt it will be VANILLA ANDROID =[

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Ok it WILL have blur but it will be a lighter version than that which is on the att version.

Malvado

DF News Team/Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
sorry i cant edit my post but on the official site it says "ITS SOCIAL TOO" which is probably talking about BLUR =[

andrew53517

Reaction score

That was my bad. I didn't correct the mistake. The link I referenced showed a release date of Q2 no sooner.

So yes end of March/April is the target.

Sent from my Droid

Dang.. I was hoping you were right Haha ;-) okay thanks!

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score

manilaboy1vic

Reaction score
i like the AT&T one better.. wtf... how dare MOTO give ATT the better phone..

i feel betrayed by MOTO. :icon_evil:

2005CTS

Reaction score

Well...considering VZW has screwed over a lot of their customers (Blackberry Storm anyone?) I think it is karma. Remember - in some cities AT&T's network is really good. So - it won't be that big of a deal to switch.

The Atrix appears to be a better device from a hardware perspective and has better accessories. AT&T wins this one I think. Unless VZW does something to totally shock us all tomorrow...I think the Android battle is shifting to AT&T. Clearly - Motorola is back on the cutting edge.

But - as I said - if you are set on VZW - the Bionic appears to be a better device than the HTC Thunderbolt - so it isn't a total fail.

manilaboy1vic

Reaction score

Well...considering VZW has screwed over a lot of their customers (Blackberry Storm anyone?) I think it is karma. Remember - in some cities AT&T's network is really good. So - it won't be that big of a deal to switch.

The Atrix appears to be a better device from a hardware perspective and has better accessories. AT&T wins this one I think. Unless VZW does something to totally shock us all tomorrow...I think the Android battle is shifting to AT&T. Clearly - Motorola is back on the cutting edge.

But - as I said - if you are set on VZW - the Bionic appears to be a better device than the HTC Thunderbolt - so it isn't a total fail.

i see no perks on this phone compared to atts...

the dock thing..

the fingerprint security..

ATT is not an option for me... my First LTE phone will be a tough decision.. what are the choices that we know of????

This, Thunderbolt, LG, Samsung....??

I had the D1, have the INC now... and to be honest Im pretty happy with the INC.... I really like the sound of that fingerprint security protection that the ATT phone is claiming... that should be a standard on all touchscreens.. imo...