Motorola Droid Bionic Joins the Droid Family!

corman324

Reaction score
The device has 1GB of ram 512 is incorrect. Stop quoting twitter : )

Sent from my Droid

Yea it just doesn't make sense for them to have 1GB in the at&t version and not this version

lol id take the word of Motorola's website (1GB)

im gonna be SO depressed if we cant use them with 3G too :( i may have a small breakdown and wallow in self pity in bed for a week if we cant.

Wetzilla

Reaction score

Sent from my Droid

Do you know something we don't, or has this been clarified somewhere? So far only the website says 1GB, I'd assume that it's much more likely that the website made a mistake rather than the CES presentation, Sanjay Jha, the press release, AND whoever runs their official twitter account.

styx

Reaction score
Welllll, this is the first phone I've seen (since my OG) that has captured my attention. Now were talkin'! :)

Wetzilla

Reaction score
And I also highly doubt that they would have this only be 4g, when 4g is only live in like 30 cities right now, and will still have very small coverage for the next year or so.

corman324

Reaction score
ahhhh for the love of GOD, please someone comment on if Verizon will allow using 3G on LTE devices?

someone HAS to know....:icon_eek:

I'm pretty sure it will, like having 1X on a 3G. There's an interesting thead at http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...113270-will-4g-phones-require-4g-service.html

yeah i understand it WILL work, what i mean is, will Verizon require us to upgrade to 4G data plan? or will we be able to keep the current plan were on now (obviously minus some perks of 4G) and have a 4G phone? its just extremely annoying not knowing what will happen...especially after they just took away discounted phone prices and new every two

CrossFireXT17

Reaction score
53s00m.png

Moto's site updated to say 512... it's official (if it still shows 1GB for you, just refresh it over and over.. it'll change)

Tanknspank

Beta Team
Premium Member
Reaction score

Sent from my Droid

Hmm ck, the table has shifted. 512 on the website now goes with the 512 from the press release. ;)

Looks like att got the better of the two top-end moto phones.

I'm ready to see what else comes out tomorrow.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

edbdroid

Reaction score
Are the 4G phones going to be compatible with 3G areas? I don't really want to pay more for 4G considering it 3G works well enough for me.

The 4G devices are (and will be) backward-compatible in 3G areas.

The 4G mobile broadband plans are cheaper than the corresponding 3G plans (4G/5GB plans are $50, 3G/5GB plans are $59.99) so I'm not sure why everyone is assuming there will be an uptick in prices for 4G smartphones. Verizon has remained mum on the subject thus far, so it seems like it's something that has been speculated on and repeated on every forum I read, but we'll have to wait and see. The wait is almost over.

That said, I'm on a Droid, and the Bionic is almost enough to make me not care that there's no physical keyboard. I think I'll bide my time as my rooted Beast Droid is doing just fine. The specs on this phone are sexy, but I would have a hard time adjusting to not having a keyboard.

Anomander

Reaction score
Which phone has the most RAM right now? 512 doesn't sound like much. I'm at my limits with my D1 (still love that phone) so it is annoying having to budget apps with space limitations even with moving some of them onto the SD card. I am glad to see the dual core phones though when I finally get to upgrade there should be some nice choices.

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Going from 256MB on the Droid 1 to 512MB on the X made a difference. I think Inc owners said the same thing.

So 512MB aint bad. I just wish, with another Moto phone out there with 1GB Ram, it could be on this one too.

Unless its wrong for the AT&T one too...duh duh duuuunnnn!!!

Jmart922

Reaction score
thats lame, 512 mb of ram versus almost double that? i don't care how you slice it, with all that processing power, thats like cutting a high speed freeway from 4 lanes to 2! when you take into account 3D gaming and whatever high processes your going to run on this phone, 1gb would come in handy. Meh, even the Thunderbolt has like 768mb or something like that, it just doesn't make sense. Maybe they will come to their senses and add a 1gig before it comes out