Motorola Droid Bionic Joins the Droid Family!

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I agree $300 is low end, but match the price and you can get a descent netbook for $500, or for a few more bucks a tablet.

CoFoltman84

Reaction score
another gimmick/novelty IMHO is the kickstand on some of these phones. Bionic has one (I think) and I'll never use it. My cousin has the Evo4g and has NEVER used the kickstand for anything than to show people what it is when they ask what that crap on the back of the phone is haha

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
another gimmick/novelty IMHO is the kickstand on some of these phones. Bionic has one (I think) and I'll never use it. My cousin has the Evo4g and has NEVER used the kickstand for anything than to show people what it is when they ask what that crap on the back of the phone is haha

but at least the kickstand isn't a $500 add on! lol

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I think everyone will get over their Atrix envy now.

Wellllllllll, if it gets rooted it perhaps could remove the "unnecessary" webtop app and then it would have 1gig of ram, which would be pretty sweet. Of course, no LTE.

CoFoltman84

Reaction score

but at least the kickstand isn't a $500 add on! lol

This is true. I'm surprised they don't have just a notch there and then try to sell you the kickstand for an extra $30 though. haha

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
I wouldnt call it a gimmick, But at that price....it is.

Some ppl dont have a laptop, netbook or a desktop computer. That is when I dont see it as a gimmick.

But for that price??? Its a gimmick when you can get decent netbooks, laptops even tablets for around that price.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
Some ppl dont have a laptop, netbook or a desktop computer. That is when I dont see it as a gimmick.

But for that price??? Its a gimmick when you can get decent netbooks, laptops even tablets for around that price.

Exactly. You can get a netbook for $300 that gives you more features/capability.

I guess the only advantage would be that you don't need a home internet connection (and it's not tethering)....oops, wait, AT&T caps you at 2gigs, anyway.

That capability presents interesting challenges for the carriers. Whether it's that webdock or simply a dock you plug a monitor and keyboard into, VZW would be losing revenue it gets for tethering. And with LTE speeds a lot might go that route and usage spikes. That's why they will have to cap. Now if they just want to not care and charge between $60-$80 they may actually steal revenue from home broadband. But given that's what they charge for mobile broadband and it's capped I don't see it. I have a suspicion such accessories will be curiously absent at VZW. I don't see that segment of users who will go somewhere else as a result being significant enough for VZW to care about.

aRsTwiX

Reaction score
I'm dying of laughter right now.

$500 for a charger, Firefox, and windowed Android.

AT&T sure pulled out all the stops on this one!

Even if it gets rooted to use the 1GB it will suck the life out of the battery.

I think when AT&T "went big" with their Atrix they went a little too big on the pricing.

I never had Atrix envy before but now I have Atrix pity :D

aRsTwiX

Reaction score
Can't edit? :(

I forgot to mention that you have to add tethering to get the rip-off bundle.

Thank you all at Droidforums. You just made my day. <3

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Well, I dont know if it will change ppls opinion about the Atrix too much. Its not like you have to get the laptop dock.

They are accessories. Still should be a decent phone.