Motorola Droid 2 Keyboard First Pics

Discussion in 'Android News' started by danDroid, May 29, 2010.

1. Garemlin

Garemlin Developer Relations

Like I posted in another thread it is odd that it doesn't have the menu key.
  2. JTDroid

JTDroid New Member

I don't mind the look of the moto droid keyboard to me it was different, yea it was hard to type on it but it gave it a distinct look, the new keyboard looks too plain and too normal, and i dont like the blue on it (if they decide to keep it)...also they deciding to keep the keyboard because it was one of the selling points of the moto droid, and had advantages over a lot of other phones because of it, without it, it will be like every other touch screen and might not sell as much without it.

:motdroidvert: beats :iphone: any second, minute, hour, day, week, month, year, decade, century, lifetime
  3. jroc

jroc Well-Known Member

Yea the keyboard is the reason I chose the Droid over the Eris. The raised keys should make typing better.

lol, see thats how little I used the keyboard, I forgot about that. The Caps Lock had to be pressed twice too. So, another waste of a key...that they probably could get rid of and other keys to make room for dedicated number keys.
  4. jroc

jroc Well-Known Member

Or have it like the LG Ally have it: dedicated numbers combined with symbols. I think thats better than the way the Droid have it.

I just like that Ally keyboard period....lol
  5. Malvado

Malvado DF News Team/Mod Premium Member

dude without the keyboard it wouldnt be an iPhone killer...if u dont like the droid keyboard u should of just gone with another android device like the eris or incredible
  6. Varking

Varking New Member

I like the new keyboard better then its current state, but I still feel there is a lot of improving that can be done with time. I don't feel the need to have a caps lock when you can double tap the shift to do the same thing on the current keyboard. Something else can be placed there. What I do really like on the new one though is the voice button. That, I do like a lot.
  7. JonKyu

JonKyu New Member

I sure hope so, that blue is yuck lol.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
  8. STIDRIVER

STIDRIVER New Member

I disagree... The Droid is still awesome even though I don't use the keyboard to often. The Eris sucks and the Incredible wasn't out yet when I got my phone. I love the Droid.. your point is not valid...
  9. BlackHoleSlam

BlackHoleSlam New Member

i just hope the keys are not as flat it is such a b**ch to text with the keyboard on the droid now
  10. Malvado

Malvado DF News Team/Mod Premium Member

come on dude remember the first droid commercial when it said "i dont have a physical keyboard (meaning iphone)...then it said DROID DOES
  11. Mamaperk

Mamaperk New Member

You ate not the only one! I came from an LG enV Touch and still miss that keyboard.
    Sherry
    Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
  12. etx_droid

etx_droid New Member

I may be in the minority, but I use the physical keyboard much more than the on-screen and have no huge complaints about it. It did take a couple of months to get use to the physical keyboard however. I love that the dpad is gone.
  13. stmomma

stmomma New Member

I really like the physical keyboard and being a woman with smallish hands made the dpad a nuisance. Glad to see it go.
  14. Flowah

Flowah New Member

I have no problems typing, even with the d-pad. And I agree that the physical keyboard is a defining characteristic of the Droid. Few high end smartphones have a slider. Keyboards have usually been found on Blackberries and a few low-mid range social networking phones like the Devour or Backflip or Sidekick. These high-end smartphones with keyboards are a rarity and should be cherished!

Can't wait for Droid2!
  15. aaf709

aaf709 Nice Guy Premium Member

While I don't mind the keyboard I only use it if I need to be really precise.

I agree about the Voyager's keyboard being superior. I just can't get used to the numbers not having separate buttons.
  16. MiXoLoGiSt

MiXoLoGiSt New Member

Sorry to tell you this but in a CNet Prizefight the Motorola Droid didn't beat the iPhone. In a CNet Prizefight the Incredible beat the iPhone. To say that the Droid without a keyboard wouldn't be an iPhone killer is completely untrue. The fact the commercial for the Droid said something about a keyboard doesn't mean it has to have one to beat the iPhone lol. It was a simple marketing technique to display features of the phone that the iPhone did not have. Dont get me wrong here i love the Motorola Droid (used to own one) and it is a nice phone, i also love my HTC Incredible. This was simply to state that it does not need a keyboard to be an iPhone killer.
  17. StepDroid

StepDroid Official DF Vendor Premium Member

It SUCKS they took the DPAD ofF... no thanks i will keep my Droid one. And for those who do not use their keyboards it does not mean that it is a dumb idea or its bad that droid has one. They make plenty of keyboardless Android phones... get one of those. The ones who complain about the keyboard don't really use it anyway.
  18. wuyanks

wuyanks DF News Team Premium Member

i was hoping for a 6way d-pad, or some sort of joystick... having neither is kinda lame... but i guess that's asking for too much, it's a phone, not a gaming device after all
  19. zerosouls

zerosouls Soulless Droid Premium Member

Lol, I also came from LG Voyager, and that keyboard was just great... the moto droids keyboard made my fingers feel like tree trunks and I am probably two times slower typing now with the Moto Droid... alas, I find it a small price to pay to upgrade to a smartphone
  20. thatguychuck

thatguychuck New Member

It's interesting, but that's about it. I got used to the Droid keyboard pretty quick, and from the looks of it, I could like the newer one as well. But that being said, I'm happy with what I have. There would have to be quite a bit more to get me to switch, even when my upgrade comes up. Bring on the hardware specs!!!