Motorola Droid 2 Keyboard First Pics

Discussion in 'Android News' started by danDroid, May 29, 2010.

1. Malvado

Malvado DF News Team/Mod Premium Member

Ratings:
    +15
    dude without the keyboard it wouldnt be an iPhone killer...if u dont like the droid keyboard u should of just gone with another android device like the eris or incredible

2. Varking

Varking Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I like the new keyboard better then its current state, but I still feel there is a lot of improving that can be done with time. I don't feel the need to have a caps lock when you can double tap the shift to do the same thing on the current keyboard. Something else can be placed there. What I do really like on the new one though is the voice button. That, I do like a lot.

3. JonKyu

JonKyu Silver Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I sure hope so, that blue is yuck lol.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

4. STIDRIVER

STIDRIVER Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I disagree... The Droid is still awesome even though I don't use the keyboard to often. The Eris sucks and the Incredible wasn't out yet when I got my phone. I love the Droid.. your point is not valid...

5. BlackHoleSlam

BlackHoleSlam Member

Ratings:
    +0
    i just hope the keys are not as flat it is such a b**ch to text with the keyboard on the droid now

6. Malvado

Malvado DF News Team/Mod Premium Member

Ratings:
    +15
    come on dude remember the first droid commercial when it said "i dont have a physical keyboard (meaning iphone)...then it said DROID DOES

7. Mamaperk

Mamaperk Member

Ratings:
    +0
    You ate not the only one! I came from an LG enV Touch and still miss that keyboard.
    Sherry
    Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

8. etx_droid

etx_droid Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I may be in the minority, but I use the physical keyboard much more than the on-screen and have no huge complaints about it. It did take a couple of months to get use to the physical keyboard however. I love that the dpad is gone.

9. stmomma

stmomma Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I really like the physical keyboard and being a woman with smallish hands made the dpad a nuisance. Glad to see it go.

10. Flowah

Flowah Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I have no problems typing, even with the d-pad. And I agree that the physical keyboard is a defining characteristic of the Droid. Few high end smartphones have a slider. Keyboards have usually been found on Blackberries and a few low-mid range social networking phones like the Devour or Backflip or Sidekick. These high-end smartphones with keyboards are a rarity and should be cherished!

Can't wait for Droid2!

11. aaf709

aaf709 Nice Guy Premium Member

Ratings:
    +49
    While I don't mind the keyboard I only use it if I need to be really precise.

I agree about the Voyager's keyboard being superior. I just can't get used to the numbers not having separate buttons.

12. MiXoLoGiSt

MiXoLoGiSt Active Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Sorry to tell you this but in a CNet Prizefight the Motorola Droid didn't beat the iPhone. In a CNet Prizefight the Incredible beat the iPhone. To say that the Droid without a keyboard wouldn't be an iPhone killer is completely untrue. The fact the commercial for the Droid said something about a keyboard doesn't mean it has to have one to beat the iPhone lol. It was a simple marketing technique to display features of the phone that the iPhone did not have. Dont get me wrong here i love the Motorola Droid (used to own one) and it is a nice phone, i also love my HTC Incredible. This was simply to state that it does not need a keyboard to be an iPhone killer.