Motorola Droid 2 Keyboard First Pics

danDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
droid2-keyboard-comp-.jpg

Engadget has posted this photo sent in from a reader of what could be our first look at the Motorola Droid 2 Keyboard! A close look at the two and you'll notice the font used in the lettering is nearly the same. The D-Pad has vanished only to be replaced with an arrow key-pad and the return / shift keys have grown. Current rumors suggest the Droid 2 resemble the Droid almost to a tee with a few cosmetic updates and hardware improvements.

Source: Engadget

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
hip hip hurray on getting rid of the dpad for the buttons. That looks huge to me.

icculusX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I think it looks pertty good to me. I agree, glad to see the DPad gone. With however the arrow buttons were on the left so oldschool Nintendo games would be better on here, hah.

hacku

Reaction score
This keyboard was confirmed by a guy I know who has already tested the Droid 2.

No more reaching with the right thumb...

wuyanks

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
according to engadget, and you can tell from they keyboard shot, the Droid 2 will be chrome-colored

fenriswolf039

Reaction score
After finally getting accustomed to the touch screen keyboard, I now wish that my Droid had no keyboard at all. It is worse than useless.

The keyboard on my Voyager was good. This one sucks. 5 year old tech beats new tech.

pilot25

Reaction score
Hard to see in the picture but does it have the stupid lip/chin/whatever you call it on the Droid?

Sweettooth

Reaction score
Don't mean to nit pick but am I the only one who is a little bummed that they still haven't found a way to include a dedicated row of number keys?

squeak

Reaction score
i was hoping for a bigger screen, but doesnt seem like that will be happening. the question that really dictates if ill be upgrading or not: does it have an hdmi out?

???

Reaction score
i'm with everyone else, better, but really. much better keyboards out there to copy, i had a sidekick2 5 years ago or so and that keyboard blows this one away, the sk3 was even better. you really could type on it without even looking and not miss keys.

but i guess its the price you pay for how slim the phone is.. blah, either way i have over a year till i will be upgrading.