Motorola Droid RAZR Comparison Photos with iPhone 4 and OG Moto Droid

Trusstopher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Am I blind/behind the times or is there no audio jack, HDMI connection, or mini-USB connection on this phone. Something tells me even with the launch date supposedly approaching that this is not the final build. Why reboot the RAZR and not have it be forward compatible with ICS with those old school capacitive buttons on the front and no NFC? Looks like a good phone but after reading about it some more it still seems like it could end up being a hair off the bullseye. It's got to be some kind of marketing tactic; as much as we rant and rave about what we want in a phone, both realistic and not, why do they always build a phone that's missing something standout?

View attachment 41532

http://1876.voxcdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/droid-razr-hands1-DSC_0145-rm-verge-800.jpg

Pulled it from: Motorola Droid RAZR first hands-on pictures and video! | This is my next...

ABQNM

Reaction score
Am I blind/behind the times or is there no audio jack, HDMI connection, or mini-USB connection on this phone. Something tells me even with the launch date supposedly approaching that this is not the final build. Why reboot the RAZR and not have it be forward compatible with ICS with those old school capacitive buttons on the front and no NFC? Looks like a good phone but after reading about it some more it still seems like it could end up being a hair off the bullseye. It's got to be some kind of marketing tactic; as much as we rant and rave about what we want in a phone, both realistic and not, why do they always build a phone that's missing something standout?

So Trusstopher took care of the connection point and I will address the ICS point. The phone will likely get ICS and I imagine will be one of the first upgraded to ICS. Google has said that ICS will run on most any device that can run GB. With this device eclipsing the Bionic, it will certainly get Google's pride and joy. Just a matter of when. As to it not being compatible with ICS, that is false. The capacitive buttons are compatible with ICS. The onscreen controls will not be shown when there are physical buttons present on the device.

sbenson

Silver Member
Reaction score
Plus, when these phones eventually get ICS, I'm sure each manufacturer will bork it up with some form of a skin. The ICS we see tonight, will probably not look anything like what we eventually get from Moto, Sammy and HTC.

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
Yeah, ip4s users can keep their precious battery life. I'll take a 4.3 and above screen any day of the week over a puny 3.7. Just looks silly side by side.

The iPhone has a 3.5" screen.

ilikemoneygreen

Silver Member
Reaction score
So Trusstopher took care of the connection point and I will address the ICS point. The phone will likely get ICS and I imagine will be one of the first upgraded to ICS. Google has said that ICS will run on most any device that can run GB. With this device eclipsing the Bionic, it will certainly get Google's pride and joy. Just a matter of when. As to it not being compatible with ICS, that is false. The capacitive buttons are compatible with ICS. The onscreen controls will not be shown when there are physical buttons present on the device.
Except for the small problem of the app management button like on the xoom. Its the to box thing that im talking about. not sure of the technical name of the button, but im sure this device doesnt have it so its either going to lose an ics feature, or they are getting rid of one of the buttons features such as the search and just make it for the app management.

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
So does this have a removable battery then? I'm not seeing it.

ABQNM

Reaction score
So does this have a removable battery then? I'm not seeing it.

No removable battery. Optional add-on accessory battery. Haven't seen a picture of it yet though.

Except for the small problem of the app management button like on the xoom. Its the to box thing that im talking about. not sure of the technical name of the button, but im sure this device doesnt have it so its either going to lose an ics feature, or they are getting rid of one of the buttons features such as the search and just make it for the app management.

In all the legitimate videos of ICS running on the Galaxy Nexus, there are only 3 buttons on the bottom bar for ICS. Back, Home and Menu. Don't think the button exists in the same capacity as it did on the Xoom, or at least not in the phone version.

Abby Normal

Reaction score
YES. That is for sure!!!

How's this???
2nt8rkk.gif

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
Yeah. Unfortunately, the images have been encoded on Engadget's site to be very difficult to "borrow", so we left the source link for you to peruse the others.

CNET has some good up close photos.