Droid 2 Coming August 23rd?

Discussion in 'Android News' started by JohnDroid, Jun 28, 2010.

1. wuyanks

wuyanks DF News Team Premium Member

the Droid II just doesn't seem like much of an upgrade from the Droid I. i will be patiently waiting for Moto's Droid Pro (or whatever it'll be called by the holiday season)
  2. Dusty

Dusty Premium Member Premium Member

I just got my Droid in November, so I can't upgrade without paying full price for another year. I'm happy with my MD and there's no GREAT incentive to switch. The thing that really keeps me holding what I've got (besides the price of upgrading) are the anticipated specs of the phones that will be released next Spring.
  3. oshizo

oshizo New Member

Well I have to have a keyboard the 2 is tempting but I'm going to wait and see. If nothing comes out with a keyboard then I'll get a d2. The d1 is still great for the time being.
  4. JhankG

JhankG New Member

The Droid 2 does not have HDMI out, it will have a 5 mp camera, and an OMAP 3640 cpu clocked at 1ghz.
  5. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member Premium Member

I don't think this is going to happen on 8/23. I think the Droid 2 won't be introduced until at least September at the earliest. I know that's only 9 days difference, really I think it will more likely be in October but who knows?

I just can't see Verizon releasing another Moto Droid that quickly. I kind of understand the X and the Incredible. I say they hold off.