Droid 2 Coming August 23rd?

Discussion in 'Android News' started by JohnDroid, Jun 28, 2010.

1. FolsomFear

FolsomFear Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I love the fact taht verizon has all these new phone that are kick ass, but i hate the fact that i just got my droid1 in december, and i cant afford to get a new one. The droid1 still is working perfecly, and when i get 2.2 it will be even better, but dam, I WANT ALL OF THEM. its like they are teasing me.

2. jared.holloway

jared.holloway New Member

Ratings:
    +0

haha youre exactly right... the key is not to upgrade every 6-12 months as this would become an expensive habit unless you know how to manipulate the system very well :)... the key is to get what u think is the best right now, something that will make you happy for the next 12-18 months, bc with the market the way it is now these phones arent going to stop advancing and producing, the great thing is that there is so much competition in the marketplace... thats why i respect & am partial to android over any other OS... because until android came along for VZW, we were getting hammered by iOS... you could say the playing field is a little more level now

3. Robster

Robster Member

Ratings:
    +1
    I thought that the Droid 2 does NOT have HDMI. Am I wrong?

4. funwheeldrive

funwheeldrive Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Snapdragon? Wth are you talking about?

5. Lucas5

Lucas5 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm the same in respect in wanting to have the next Droid device. I love my Droid 1, but I have spent to much $$$ already (car mount, multimedia dock and the protective cover). The new Droid devices don't offer much over what the Droid 1 already delivers.
    I'll probably upgrade when I'm eligible for vzw's upgrade otherwise i'm staying with my wonderful and trusty Droid 1.

6. wuyanks

wuyanks DF News Team Premium Member

Ratings:
    +0
    the Droid II just doesn't seem like much of an upgrade from the Droid I. i will be patiently waiting for Moto's Droid Pro (or whatever it'll be called by the holiday season)

7. Dusty

Dusty Premium Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +259
    Current Phone Model:
    Nexus 6
    I just got my Droid in November, so I can't upgrade without paying full price for another year. I'm happy with my MD and there's no GREAT incentive to switch. The thing that really keeps me holding what I've got (besides the price of upgrading) are the anticipated specs of the phones that will be released next Spring.

8. oshizo

oshizo Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Well I have to have a keyboard the 2 is tempting but I'm going to wait and see. If nothing comes out with a keyboard then I'll get a d2. The d1 is still great for the time being.

9. JhankG

JhankG Silver Member

Ratings:
    +0
    The Droid 2 does not have HDMI out, it will have a 5 mp camera, and an OMAP 3640 cpu clocked at 1ghz.

10. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +7
    I don't think this is going to happen on 8/23. I think the Droid 2 won't be introduced until at least September at the earliest. I know that's only 9 days difference, really I think it will more likely be in October but who knows?

I just can't see Verizon releasing another Moto Droid that quickly. I kind of understand the X and the Incredible. I say they hold off.