Motorola Android 2.2 Update Suspended

mrgagentleman

Reaction score
I've been looking for reports stating that the 2.2 update would be suspended, but I haven't been able to find any. Given that the Droid 2 is supposed to drop next Tuesday, I would suspect that it won't be long.....unless they want the Droid 2 to have it first??

chipette_

Reaction score
Is there any other app you can get so you can watch videos, like news videos?

raethryn

Reaction score
I am having a little more battery drain on my droid 1 with 2.2 than I had with 2.1.

Oh well. I love 2.2.

Droid101

Reaction score
I've been looking for reports stating that the 2.2 update would be suspended, but I haven't been able to find any. Given that the Droid 2 is supposed to drop next Tuesday, I would suspect that it won't be long.....unless they want the Droid 2 to have it first??

Its none of that the droid is still getting an OTA no one has stated it were halted just rumors. If verizon wanted the Droid 2 to get it first then they wouldn't have announced an OTA update till the week after they wouldn't suspend an update for a device. Everyone have patience not everyone gets it the first day or the first week if the update goes until the 13th then I would expect a majority of users to get it next week.:)

checker555

Reaction score
Suspend an update? They'd have to try pushing one out first.

This is exactly what I was worried about as soon as I saw the new build version. Now we have to stop all the people who updated manually from pulling their hair out.

Actually, this news made me run out and GRAB the manual update while I could, in case Google takes it down. I didn't want to wait till who knows when for 2.2, and I figured I'd just take my chances on any "issues."

So glad I did--I love it. I have not personally had any issues and I love all the improvements. I feel like I got a brand new phone and it rocks.

checker555

Reaction score
My Droid has been stuck in a boot loop the past half hour. Anyone else having this problem? The first couple times I thought I was getting the 2.2 OTA update, but now this is just getting ridiculous.

I have NEVER rooted or hacked my phone at all.

This happened to me a month or so ago. Battery pull didn't help. The only info I could find online indicated that a factory reset was the best course. I was nervous about that, since I haven't backed up anything, but I got desperate and did it. Stopped the boot loop and frankly my phone has worked tons better ever since. I'd done a lot of tinkering and downloading apps, and I guess I just junked up the works or something. We were also having a massive electical storm when the bootloop thing was going on, so my kids suggested maybe that was somehow related. In any event, the factory wipe was great.

Shred or Die

Reaction score
My Droid has been stuck in a boot loop the past half hour. Anyone else having this problem? The first couple times I thought I was getting the 2.2 OTA update, but now this is just getting ridiculous.

I have NEVER rooted or hacked my phone at all.

This happened to me a month or so ago. Battery pull didn't help. The only info I could find online indicated that a factory reset was the best course. I was nervous about that, since I haven't backed up anything, but I got desperate and did it. Stopped the boot loop and frankly my phone has worked tons better ever since. I'd done a lot of tinkering and downloading apps, and I guess I just junked up the works or something. We were also having a massive electical storm when the bootloop thing was going on, so my kids suggested maybe that was somehow related. In any event, the factory wipe was great.

Thanks, but the boot loop finally stopped after about 45 minutes. So no wipe necessary thankfully. It was weird, the sync symbol was in my notifications bar and my phone would boot up, go to my normal home screen, draw all the apps, then after 30 seconds or so the screen would shut off and reboot. Most of the time it skipped the 'M' logo and went straight to the Droid logo and then the Eye. Glad that it's working now but I don't get why this happened. I was sure it was for FroYo after seeing that Sync Symbol and considering I haven't really had any problems with it and it is stock. It is very disappointing to go through all that and then still see I am up to date with 2.1 (and I quit getting my hopes up for 2.2 so that I wouldn't be disappointed like this!) Whatever, it'll come when it does. LauncherPro holds me over for now

LifeIsABeach

Reaction score
Batt issues may have been found!

News: Facebook 1.3 Not Releasing Partial Wake Lock Geek For Me – Sprint Evo 4g & CDMA Hero

Check this out, and on the thread in gen discussions

That would make sense. For me at least. I don't use the Facebook app and have not had any battery drain/heating problems.

Did I mention that I love the fact that they have finally fixed my #1 pet peeve? The slider on the lock screen now puts you in vibrate mode rather than silent. No more need for Silent Mode Jammer. Whoohoo!

shobe

Reaction score
So I have a question, if I was do do the manual update and then Verizon was to put out a new OTA update, would I still get it OTA since the build should be different. Just curious.

dan j

Reaction score
Well they seem to have left tethering in on a device that supposedly does not support it. Works well too.
Odd.
If there is a halt to the OTA I bet it is to pull that back out. LOL

IIRC, they just said that it wouldn't do wi-fi tethering - despite the billions of folks that do it (ad-hoc).

ezerpdog

Reaction score
Does facebook show up on the battery use as part of Mediaserver?

I manually updated a couple days ago - have noticed some abnormal battery drainage and noticed that mediaserver is using up a big chunk (where it didn't before).