[Rumor] Thunderbolt Gingerbread OTA Update Suspended by Verizon Due to Voicemail Bug

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
htc-thunderbolt-official.jpg

It seems there are a lot of folks out there that have experienced the voicemail bug with Gingerbread for the HTC Thunderbolt. Reportedly, Verizon has heard your pain and apparently has suspended the OTA update in order to fix this bug. Supposedly, Verizon had this to say,
It has come to the attention of Verizon Wireless and HTC that customers using the Thunderbolt by HTC have experienced a voicemail notification error with the recent software update. As a result, the update has been temporarily suspended while the companies work together to resolve the issue. Verizon Wireless and HTC anticipate the update being available soon; customers will be notified directly on their devices when it is ready for download
Right now we are calling this one a rumor, because there has been no confirmation of this statement. We will keep you informed.

Source: ThunderboltForums via PhanDroid

C5Vette

Reaction score
Other Gingerbread OTA issue....

Since the Gingerbread OTA my Thunderbolt has been messing up my "personal" ringtones. In other words when you have a ringtone assigned to a specific person you expect that ringtone when they call. Unfortunately, since Gingerbread, It seems a call or two behind. So, I get the ringtone for the LAST caller rather than the current caller..... I hope this gets addressed in the next fix...... I liked not having to look at whos calling before I decide to grab the phone.....

tommyz

Reaction score
I was also hoping this Gingerbread update would fix the Bluetooth issue. I am referring to the fact that you can't turn off the media portion and leave the phone portion connected. Still, every time I try to turn off the media, it turns itself back on.

C5Vette

Reaction score
another new issue

well with a bluetooth headset, there are no longer any voice prompts. You have to guess when you should talk and hope that it dialed the correct number. very strange.....