Motorola Android 2.2 Update Suspended

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
So I have a question, if I was do do the manual update and then Verizon was to put out a new OTA update, would I still get it OTA since the build should be different. Just curious.

Yes, you will still get the new update.

BLeClair12

Reaction score
So am I correct to assume that I should avoid this Facebook update should I be alerted to install it?

Sal

Reaction score
So I have a question, if I was do do the manual update and then Verizon was to put out a new OTA update, would I still get it OTA since the build should be different. Just curious.

Yes, you will still get the new update.

Hookbill,

Any new news or even rumors. Is the halt official? Etc

RW-1

Silver Member
Reaction score
+
Batt issues may have been found!

News: Facebook 1.3 Not Releasing Partial Wake Lock Geek For Me – Sprint Evo 4g & CDMA Hero

Check this out, and on the thread in gen discussions

So Facebook is a drain on the battery as well as society :)

+1. Lol

+2 ...

Damn, what is infuriating is this:

Let's say it is partly FB, part the update to this build of Froyo itself.

JUST where are the testers for this crap?

We've had leaked FRG01B stock for a month or two, no issues ... and believe me we all would be here complaining (to put it mildly) if that batt life occurred with that leak.

Like Miami said, I'm not panicking, but gee, isn't it fun to actualy watch your batter meter move? :)

I think the OTA had push issues locking up some devices, and that caused a delay, but the build itself is supposed to have been checked, hey've had it quite long enough to do so for something as simple as battery life.

Sal

Reaction score
+
So Facebook is a drain on the battery as well as society :)

+1. Lol

+2 ...

Damn, what is infuriating is this:

Let's say it is partly FB, part the update to this build of Froyo itself.

JUST where are the testers for this crap?

We've had leaked FRG01B stock for a month or two, no issues ... and believe me we all would be here complaining (to put it mildly) if that batt life occurred with that leak.

Like Miami said, I'm not panicking, but gee, isn't it fun to actualy watch your batter meter move? :)

I think the OTA had push issues locking up some devices, and that caused a delay, but the build itself is supposed to have been checked, hey've had it quite long enough to do so for something as simple as battery life.

As I said, also note message #155 in this thread. They say that the official froyo manual specifically says to NOT use task killers and that could be one of the culprits for people having issues.

UNC

Reaction score
Batt issues may have been found!

News: Facebook 1.3 Not Releasing Partial Wake Lock Geek For Me – Sprint Evo 4g & CDMA Hero

Check this out, and on the thread in gen discussions

That would make sense. For me at least. I don't use the Facebook app and have not had any battery drain/heating problems.

Did I mention that I love the fact that they have finally fixed my #1 pet peeve? The slider on the lock screen now puts you in vibrate mode rather than silent. No more need for Silent Mode Jammer. Whoohoo!

I don't even have the OTA, I am running BB 0.4 and I have the Facebook issue....

If I go to Spare Parts > Battery Usage > Partial Wake it shows my Facebook app taking the whole bar!!!

fishstick600

Reaction score
I think the update for the x isn't coming till early sespetember per a moto rep. He said that a fix for corporate email would be coming in 2.2 scheduled for.early september

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

rustyb

Reaction score
disneyfan506

If you have the droid "1", you are still next. Version wants the droid 2 out of the box new with 2.2 FRG22. They started the rollout yesterday with FRG01b. Here in SF someone wrote to our examiner online everything was fine. Then the slowdowns, apps F/C, no flashplayer, battery charge. In the interim Facebook put out an update, maybe battery draining . I follow someone called "erictic" on twitter and early (2am) found out Version was already changing to FRG22. It was on a page of "droidlife". Someone this afternoon in SF received FRG01b on his EVO. I still watching & it's not like July 13th. We should ALL POST when we revive anything, time& where. I WILL. The droidlife post is here now...:icon_cool:

mandrew909

Reaction score
Rollback

Hello, so I have a moto droid, and I manually downloaded the forced update and it just feels like my phone had been running slower all around. apps that were previously running without problems are now having the random problems and freezing a lot more and a lot more force closes. So I'd like to know now if there is a way to undo the update to 2.2 and go back to the 2.1 firmware and just wait it out for the official OTA update, ideally without losing all the apps on my phone and having to reset my phone to the factory settings, but I will if i have to. I'd just rather have my phone stock and get the official update. Thanks for any help on the matter.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk