Motorola Android 2.2 Update Suspended

TimChgo9

Reaction score
Any word on when the update will continue? Just curious.
It is currently continuing, however it's going slower than expected and they're pushing a second update (to FRG22 from FRG01B) to people who got the earlier update. With two updates going out they've had to throttle back the updates.

Once they catch up they'll speed things back up. Give it a few days or update manually if you want. :)

I'll just wait for the OTA, no biggie, I was just wondering if it had been suspended or not.

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
Any word on when the update will continue? Just curious.
It is currently continuing, however it's going slower than expected and they're pushing a second update (to FRG22 from FRG01B) to people who got the earlier update. With two updates going out they've had to throttle back the updates.

Once they catch up they'll speed things back up. Give it a few days or update manually if you want. :)

I'll just wait for the OTA, no biggie, I was just wondering if it had been suspended or not.
Depending on who you talk to it's delayed, canceled, running full-bore, going slowly, and so on. I'll have to rephrase my post from yesterday. Nobody knows, but the general impression is that it's going very slowly or has been halted. Nobody's posted that they got their update since the OP that I'm aware of.

obxsalvo

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
I agree with " Furbearingmammall " lot of " saying out there as to being slow, slower .." Just seems strange that no one has posted that they just got an OTA update and has put the build #. So my vote is there are to many fokes on these fourms that there has been no post of new updates So I will vote on it has stopped. "Just saying"

kdw11005

Reaction score
I'm so glad this site is here! I was wondering where my update is. I'm currently waiting to get my DX in the mail and I am giving my D1 to my daughter, she is so excited, lol

BLeClair12

Reaction score
I'm still wondering what issue in particular they found with the OTA (if, of course, there is one at all) I manually installed FRG01b last night and after about a half hour of "growing pains" as others have put it, my phone has been running like a dream. Much faster and snappier, flash looks great, battery is perfectly fine after updating Facebook, I couldn't be happier.

BLeClair12

Reaction score
is flash baked in? market app? pulled from a link/site?

The flash I'm running is simply the beta that rooted users have had their hands on for a while. To my knowledge, that is the only option available to non-rooted users currently.

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
is flash baked in? market app? pulled from a link/site?

The flash I'm running is simply the beta that rooted users have had their hands on for a while. To my knowledge, that is the only option available to non-rooted users currently.
It appears that if you have it installed it appears in the market, but otherwise not. For anyone who wants it all you need is to download and install the .apk -- you will need to turn on the ability to install apps from outside the market, however, in the settings first.

RW-1

Silver Member
Reaction score
Any one found a fix for Google Goggles?

I'm about to try renaming the file from system/app and reinstalling from market, but not sure about the odex/deodexed file ...

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
What does Deodexed mean ?

from here: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/hacking-faqs/43671-dummies-guide-android-terminoligy-lingo.html

"De-odex: Apk files have respective odexes that devs use to supposedly save space. Deodexing means you convert it back to a .dex file and put it back inside the apk. This allows you to easily replace files (not having to worry about odexes), but the main point was to deodex services.jar so that you can change all text to different colors (such as the clock color to white) and to deodex services.jar, you need to deodex everything."

bmchan

Reaction score
Today I got the "! corporate sync failed" notice on my Droid 1 so they are continuing with the OTA. Same thing happened to me with the last update and I should have FROYO within 24 hours.

JePiNaY

Reaction score
Ah. As it'll be fixed eventually.
I was wondering where my update was; thank goodness for this forum.