Motorola Android 2.2 Update Suspended

captclueless

Reaction score
I installed the frg01b 2.2 update yesterday morning, before seeing that the ota push had been suspended. at first I thought I was having the overheating issue, but then realized I had my phone plugged into my laptop, so it was charging. after taking it off, its fine. So far I LOVE the update.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I installed the frg01b 2.2 update yesterday morning, before seeing that the ota push had been suspended. at first I thought I was having the overheating issue, but then realized I had my phone plugged into my laptop, so it was charging. after taking it off, its fine. So far I LOVE the update.

Ran it for quite a few weeks before it went OTA and even overclocked I never had a heating issue with it.

Personally I think this "issue" is because everybody is using it a lot to investigate what it will do, making the battery work harder (shorten battery life) and also running the processor more. I'll bet most of this heat is generated by the battery.

obxsalvo

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
Getting back to the 2.2 being suspended. Hopefully someone will update us here when they get the resumed OTA update so we will know it started again.

armeddroid

Reaction score
I'm not having any issues with it but will wait for the patch for the FRG22 patch whether it be a manual or OTA. Battery is being used a bit more and that is the only real issue I noticed. But aside from that, its much smoother and browsing is quicker.

and I type this from my Droid.

droiddave1

Reaction score
Possible email/exchange security features issues

I will state, up front, that this is conjecture on my part. But, I have been running and testing all of the various flavors of ROMS for that last few months. When I flashed FRG22 yesterday (I tried 4 variations to see if it was a ROM Chef issue), I had corporate email connection problems. Specifically, the new security features in 2.2, which allow the exchange server to remote wipe and apply security policy to the device OTA, were attempting to negotiate with the exchange server. Oddly, it wouldn't pass the "activation process" with our server. So, I went back to FRG10b. Is it possible that the new FRG22 includes security features that were advertised but not included in FRG10b? Also, it isn't working in FRG22. Can anyone shed some light on this. I am not an exchange admin, though mine is looking into it.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Getting back to the 2.2 being suspended. Hopefully someone will update us here when they get the resumed OTA update so we will know it started again.

I suspect that his is going to be addressed and resolved rather quickly. I don't want to put a time out there because I don't want to start rumors, but I don't think it will be a long delay.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I will state, up front, that this is conjecture on my part. But, I have been running and testing all of the various flavors of ROMS for that last few months. When I flashed FRG22 yesterday (I tried 4 variations to see if it was a ROM Chef issue), I had corporate email connection problems. Specifically, the new security features in 2.2, which allow the exchange server to remote wipe and apply security policy to the device OTA, were attempting to negotiate with the exchange server. Oddly, it wouldn't pass the "activation process" with our server. So, I went back to FRG10b. Is it possible that the new FRG22 includes security features that were advertised but not included in FRG10b? Also, it isn't working in FRG22. Can anyone shed some light on this. I am not an exchange admin, though mine is looking into it.

If you downloaded the file that first came out you may want to try it again. According to Miami, P3 has made some changes to FRG22. One of them was the fact that voice search wasn't working and it's been resolved if you download the link that's currently up.

I had some reservations about this but it did indeed fix my issue with voice search. I don't know what other changes are with it.

kc2kzz

Reaction score
Anyone try P3's kernels with FRG22? I loaded up the 900Mhz LV kernel and after I rebooted I had all my widgets hang and the phone wouldn't do anything. I restored and haven't had a chance to mess with it since.

Shred or Die

Reaction score
My Droid has been stuck in a boot loop the past half hour. Anyone else having this problem? The first couple times I thought I was getting the 2.2 OTA update, but now this is just getting ridiculous.

I have NEVER rooted or hacked my phone at all.