Motorola Android 2.2 Update Suspended

billyrouth

Reaction score
Sorry but your sources are wrong, where's the proof? There is no halt to the update, the ones that are havong proplems with the update are the ones that manually updated. The ones that got it ota are not experienceing any prop!!!
Except the person whose phone was so screwed up that VZW is replacing it. The rescue squad fixed it, but the Verizon reps at the store it was taken to couldn't do anything.

Where is the proof just bc someone says the ota messed up there phone does not make it fact. All I know is that there r people still getting the ota
And there phones r working fine
Don't buy into every rumor u hear. Wasent it these same sources that said the ota was coming july 13

shanewprice

Reaction score
I spoke with Verizon Tech Support and he stated that there are no known issues with the OTA Droid update and the OTA is being pushed as scheduled. Now, I don't know if this is the whole story or not. I manually updated my phone and I am having absolutely zero problems with it.

kevin1016

Reaction score
For the record, I manually updated and have absolutely zero problems. Battery life is great, Market is fine, everything is super smooth. Loving Froyo.

Nibbz

Reaction score
sounds like all is fine to me. continue to gobble up that delicious froyo people!

geetarspaz

Reaction score
manual update here i come

i gave up in waiting, im a patient person, but another two weeks? :(

i updated via manual update. much better. for all in 2.1 get in 2.2.

Graywolfscv

Reaction score
The only REAL issue I'm having is I cannot move any application to the SD card. Anybody tell me how to fix this or if this is just a bug, and I need to somehow get back down to 2.1?

Droid101

Reaction score
The only REAL issue I'm having is I cannot move any application to the SD card. Anybody tell me how to fix this or if this is just a bug, and I need to somehow get back down to 2.1?

Strange I have the rooted leaked frb22 version and I had no problem moving apps to SD. I am sure someone here knows of something to try. I know there was a command for terminal emulator but I don't remember it.

Good luck!

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
Sorry but your sources are wrong, where's the proof? There is no halt to the update, the ones that are havong proplems with the update are the ones that manually updated. The ones that got it ota are not experienceing any prop!!!
Except the person whose phone was so screwed up that VZW is replacing it. The rescue squad fixed it, but the Verizon reps at the store it was taken to couldn't do anything.

Where is the proof just bc someone says the ota messed up there phone does not make it fact. All I know is that there r people still getting the ota
And there phones r working fine
Don't buy into every rumor u hear. Wasent it these same sources that said the ota was coming july 13
You're right, I'll stop listening to people who have nothing to back up what they're saying and just seem to want to start an argument.

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
Are you given the option to move them to the SD card from the app manager, but when you tap it to move them they won't move, or some other issue? Because if every app has a grayed-out "move to SD" button, then the app doesn't support it. Every app has to support moving to the SD card built in -- the Dev has to put it in manually -- or it won't work. At least some of the ROMs out there have it set to force every app to the SD card if the user wishes, with few if any ill effects, but it's not built into the stock FroYo code.

Graywolfscv

Reaction score
Are you given the option to move them to the SD card from the app manager, but when you tap it to move them they won't move, or some other issue? Because if every app has a grayed-out "move to SD" button, then the app doesn't support it. Every app has to support moving to the SD card built in -- the Dev has to put it in manually -- or it won't work. At least some of the ROMs out there have it set to force every app to the SD card if the user wishes, with few if any ill effects, but it's not built into the stock FroYo code.

The Option is there, I just can't do it. I thought I remembered Handcent allowing people to do it, but I don't have that option.

rynoman03

Reaction score
wait so is the froyo I have ok or no?

The FroYo we ripped off the Google server is good, it just eats up some major battery and makes the phone hot.

I don't know where people are getting this. I've noticed no battery difference and i have it streaming music too just to test this theory. As for the battery i left it off the charger for 12 hours today and it was only at 65-70%.

Vinaaga

Reaction score
wait so is the froyo I have ok or no?

The FroYo we ripped off the Google server is good, it just eats up some major battery and makes the phone hot.

I don't know where people are getting this. I've noticed no battery difference and i have it streaming music too just to test this theory. As for the battery i left it off the charger for 12 hours today and it was only at 65-70%.

Well my phone definitely gets hot. I just wiped 3x and then re installed the FRG22 build and it gets up to 43c just browsing the web. If you are unconvinced I can record a video for you.

rynoman03

Reaction score
I believe ya man it's just i can't get my phone to heat up like that. I tend to surf on it alot while at work due to facebook and other sites being blocked. I've had it get moderately warm before but that was on 2.1 after talking on the phone for over an hour.

Maybe it's Hardware related ???

Graywolfscv

Reaction score
Ok. Found the problem for the battery. If you have a task killer, uninstall it. They're not froyo friendly.

Husher315

Reaction score
Just to add to all the other people who are saying it, I manually installed Froyo and am having 0% problems with it.