Motorola Android 2.2 Update Suspended

Bullitt6996

Reaction score
Halted Rollout of 2.2

So what does that mean for those of us that did the Force Update that Trident showed us? Should we keep it or go back to 2.1?dancedroid

glenn

Reaction score
I'm going to tell all you people who are panicking after doing the manual update to do one thing: Chill. It's ok!

First of all, I did the manual update myself and haven't experienced any problems. In fact, I think my battery life has improved. I've had the Droid off the charger for almost eight hours, had a phone conversation and played around with it for a while and am still at 60%. I have also had no overheating whatsoever.

Second of all, This IS the official build from Verizon and Google so your phone is perfectly safe and will still receive any update patch OTA.

So sit back, relax and enjoy Froyo! I know I am! :icon_ banana:

I'm enjoying 2.2 as well. And before of this started, I too noticed my battery life seemed better.

shanewprice

Reaction score
I have had the 2.2 update for over 24 hours now. I updated manually. I couldn't be happier. I have had no problems whatsoever. My battery life was much better...I couldn't be happier. I have had zero problems making or receiving calls.

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
So what does that mean for those of us that did the Force Update that Trident showed us? Should we keep it or go back to 2.1?dancedroid
Keep it unless you have battery issues or some other bug rears its head.

If you suddenly hear Sarah Palin or Nancy Pelosi telling you to kill people every time you make a phone call, for example.

Bullitt6996

Reaction score
thanks...

I'm going to tell all you people who are panicking after doing the manual update to do one thing: Chill. It's ok!

First of all, I did the manual update myself and haven't experienced any problems. In fact, I think my battery life has improved. I've had the Droid off the charger for almost eight hours, had a phone conversation and played around with it for a while and am still at 60%. I have also had no overheating whatsoever.

Second of all, This IS the official build from Verizon and Google so your phone is perfectly safe and will still receive any update patch OTA.

So sit back, relax and enjoy Froyo! I know I am! :icon_ banana:

Thanks for putting our minds at ease. I was myself a little worried that I wouldn't be able to receive the fix it update because I'd done this.dancedroid

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I have had the 2.2 update for over 24 hours now. I updated manually. I couldn't be happier. I have had no problems whatsoever. My battery life was much better...I couldn't be happier. I have had zero problems making or receiving calls.

I don't know why the update was delayed, but I ran the update for 3 weeks and I didn't see any problems.

Those who got the update should consider themselves fortunate. We pulled the link to the manual update down but knowing what I know if I had 2.1 I'd still get the leak.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Please stay on topic people. This isn't an area to discuss an issue you are having with your phone. If you're having problems go to the Rescue Squad. The topic is Motorola Android 2.2 Update Suspended.

astevens54

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
Big surprise and I got beat up over saying I would believe the release date when it was on my Droid, LOL.

LyCke7y SpLy7

Reaction score
I wish they would have suspended it before sending it to me:icon_evil: My phone is bricked, I tried a wipe and reset and even took it to the local vz store. They said it messed something up in the bootloader and are sending me a new phone from the warehouse.

I feel naked without my :motdroidhoriz:

Damn buddy, sorry to hear that. I wonder what caused that?

kaosknox

Reaction score
Mine is working fine, but still no flash does anyone know about this?

TwoBuells

Reaction score
Please stay on topic people. This isn't an area to discuss an issue you are having with your phone. If you're having problems go to the Rescue Squad. The topic is Motorola Android 2.2 Update Suspended.

I've been all through the Rescue Squad and can't find this thread "Motorola Android 2.2 Update Suspended"