Motorola Android 2.2 Update Suspended

Dolfan

Reaction score
I just did the official release of 2.2 lastnight, I havent noticed alot of issues with it, besides I dont see where the stock browser is any better, course and flash is not working .....I really dont see the 5 home screens they were talking about but Im new to this programing phones and stuff...so I read this whole thread and it seems safe for me to leave this update on the phone and wait for the new update right? And your thinking as I have read that I should get an upgrade notice when it come out like normal right?

Bob

RJP3579

Reaction score
I was just about to download the update when I saw this posting. Guess I will wait...
Hope this doesn't cause problems for those who already updated.

Wadman

Reaction score
So...I have waded through 7 pages of threads looking for the guide to download the official froyo for non-root. There was a link on how to do it through the pc and straight from the droid. Sorry...I just cannot find it. It was on the news forum yesterday and now I have no clue....any help would be awesome..thanks

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
Suspend an update? They'd have to try pushing one out first.

This is exactly what I was worried about as soon as I saw the new build version. Now we have to stop all the people who updated manually from pulling their hair out.

fishstick600

Reaction score
this is why they dont try pushing the update to a gazillion phones at once.. its easier to stop the update when only a few thousand have issues and fix it then try again... dont complain atleast your not holding a brick

armeddroid

Reaction score
If you are already on the release. Great you will still get a notifiacation for the new build. As i said a friend from called me earlier about this. No one needs to undo the update. Just sit tight until we get more information. Please do not panic

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Lol that's cool and good to hear.

and I ype this from my Droid.

Paintfumes

Reaction score
I wish they would have suspended it before sending it to me:icon_evil: My phone is bricked, I tried a wipe and reset and even took it to the local vz store. They said it messed something up in the bootloader and are sending me a new phone from the warehouse.

I feel naked without my :motdroidhoriz:

gnfishin

Reaction score
Motorola support forums says no suspension of 2.2

According to one of the forums managers (a Motorola employee), over on the Motorola support site forums, there is no known issue with 2.2:

"As far as I know, the update has been pretty smooth. These things tend to follow a pattern -- they roll out a few smaller batches of some thousands, and then watch for a couple of days to see how it's going and if any big issues emerge. I'm not seeing a lot of complaints so I would expect it to move forward after a bit of observation time."

Paintfumes

Reaction score
I had the same problem with 2.1, it would stay on the Motorola logo forever and thats all it would do. But with 2.1 a factory wipe and reset fixed the problem. This time both the tech at Verizon and I performed every kind of wipe possible to no avail.

It stayed on the M logo for well over an hour before I pulled the battery and gave up:confused:

sroach23

Reaction score
I had the same problem with 2.1, it would stay on the Motorola logo forever and thats all it would do. But with 2.1 a factory wipe and reset fixed the problem. This time both the tech at Verizon and I performed every kind of wipe possible to no avail.

It stayed on the M logo for well over an hour before I pulled the battery and gave up:confused:

did you try rsd lite for the wipe using a non sprecovery update sbf file?

cirtbrethren

Reaction score
I've been using Froyo all day long and have not noticed any problems. Well, the only problem is that EasyTether disconnects about every hour, but reconnects right away when I click on it. Maybe the app needs to updated for 2.2.

Xegesis

Reaction score
I hope this doesn't delay Droid 2 from coming out. If they want to release Droid 2 with Android 2.2 and there is a problem with 2.2 they might decide to.

Husher315

Reaction score
I'm going to tell all you people who are panicking after doing the manual update to do one thing: Chill. It's ok!

First of all, I did the manual update myself and haven't experienced any problems. In fact, I think my battery life has improved. I've had the Droid off the charger for almost eight hours, had a phone conversation and played around with it for a while and am still at 60%. I have also had no overheating whatsoever.

Second of all, This IS the official build from Verizon and Google so your phone is perfectly safe and will still receive any update patch OTA.

So sit back, relax and enjoy Froyo! I know I am! :icon_ banana:

Paintfumes

Reaction score
[/quote]

did you try rsd lite for the wipe using a non sprecovery update sbf file?[/QUOTE]

The only thing the phone will let me do is the camera button and volume up boot recovery screen. I did a wipe and then apply sd card update.zip and get signature verification failed, installation aborted. I cant get to any other screen on the phone.