MIUI Themed Icons

OP
Jrizzill

Jrizzill

Developer
Reaction score
Hey Jrizzill, are you planning on doing custom icons for the new MIUI icons? Love you're icon designs but hate the old style MIUI icon shapes. Just wondering, you do enough already with your mods and everything but I was just wondering.

I was planning on it, but I just picked up a couple freelance projects, and the original icons were time-consuming. I'm trying to figure out a way it can be worth my time to make these icons. Like maybe provide them for free here, but also put a donate version of an icon pack on the Market. I just don't know how many people use icon packs, and out of those people who do, how many are willing to donate a dollar!

nvillamob

Reaction score
Hey man. Very nice job with the icons. I've got Photoshop (I'm very much a beginner) and I'm trying to follow your instructions but I'm getting hung up. I don't follow what your instructions in the line highlighted below:

Open the "!!!_builder.psd" document in Photoshop.
Make sure your layers window is open.
In there you will find a layer named "Art".
It is a Smart Object.
You can double click this a Smart Object's icon to open it's canvas in a new window.
Place your artwork inside of this new canvas.
Turn on the visibility of the pink "Layer Mask" layer to position your new artwork correctly.
Make sure there are no holes in your artwork.
Turn off the "Layer Mask" when you are done.
Close the Smart Object window and click "Yes" when it asks you to save the changes.
The main canvas has now been updated with your artwork.
Goto "File" --> "Save As", name it, select "PNG (*.PNG)" as the format, click "Save", and you're done.

I'm not following what/where to click to open a new canvas, so i'm not able to get past this step. thanks for the help.

Z

ZeroBarrier

In the layers window, double click the layer named "Art".

OP
Jrizzill

Jrizzill

Developer
Reaction score
Hey man. Very nice job with the icons. I've got Photoshop (I'm very much a beginner) and I'm trying to follow your instructions but I'm getting hung up. I don't follow what your instructions in the line highlighted below:

It is a Smart Object.
You can double click this a Smart Object's icon to open it's canvas in a new window.
Turn on the visibility of the pink "Layer Mask" layer to position your new artwork correctly.
Close the Smart Object window and click "Yes" when it asks you to save the changes.
Goto "File" --> "Save As", name it, select "PNG (*.PNG)" as the format, click "Save", and you're done.

I'm not following what/where to click to open a new canvas, so i'm not able to get past this step. thanks for the help.

Yea, just double click its icon. Alternatively, you can right click on the layer and goto "Edit Contents". Smart Objects are live-savers. Learn them!

Attachments

• Photoshop.png
    Photoshop.png
    185.8 KB · Views: 1,315
Reaction score
Hey, JRizzill,

Any idea where the system app icons (Such as MMS, Phone, Calendar, etc...) are stored in MIUI v6.4? I can only find 3rd party app icons in the data/system/customized_icons folder.

Thanks. Great work on the icons, the mods to MIUI, Swype...everything you do for this ROM!

OP
Jrizzill

Jrizzill

Developer
Reaction score
Hey, JRizzill,

Any idea where the system app icons (Such as MMS, Phone, Calendar, etc...) are stored in MIUI v6.4? I can only find 3rd party app icons in the data/system/customized_icons folder.

Thanks. Great work on the icons, the mods to MIUI, Swype...everything you do for this ROM!

They are embedded into the framework-res.apk.

nvillamob

Reaction score

It is a Smart Object.

Yea, just double click its icon. Alternatively, you can right click on the layer and goto "Edit Contents". Smart Objects are live-savers. Learn them!

This is what I see when I double click where you indicated. I'm running photoshop 7.0. Is that part of the problem?

Attachments

• screen.jpg
    screen.jpg
    168.4 KB · Views: 366
OP
Jrizzill

Jrizzill

Developer
Reaction score

It is a Smart Object.

This is what I see when I double click where you indicated. I'm running photoshop 7.0. Is that part of the problem?

Oh wow, you are 5 versions behind. I don't think Smart Objects were even introduced back then.

You can still get it to work, though, without using smart objects. Just replace the artwork on that layer with whatever you want. Make sure you do not modify the mask to the right of it.

04CiviCon20s

Reaction score
Jrizz, Whatever happened to Our Convo w/Inspired for this rom. I am willing to Donate $20 to you to "Completely" port it.. What's good bro?

Reaction score
hey im not finding all the icons in the customized icon folder. where would i find like the email and browser icons as well?

OP
Jrizzill

Jrizzill

Developer
Reaction score
Jrizz, Whatever happened to Our Convo w/Inspired for this rom. I am willing to Donate $20 to you to "Completely" port it.. What's good bro?

Not really interested. Sorry dude. Anyways, there are way better themers out there -- ask them!