MIUI Themed Icons

OP
Jrizzill

Jrizzill

Developer
Reaction score
Should've mentioned that I don't see a subfolder named system either. The only folders that appear are beautiful widgets and a couple other unrelated things.

I believe that you are browsing a data folder on your SD card. This is not where you want to be. You want to be browsing the data folder on the internal storage of your phone.

As a small update, the official devs of MIUI have stated that, "The icon cache will be refreshed once the corresponding apps are updated or uninstalled. And the cache also may be deleted after a ROM OTA, if there is a new implementation for generating MIUI icons."

loco

Reaction score
i also love the miui rom icons, but have not had any luck running the roms. i would like to use these icons on my droid without running miui. is it possible ??

OP
Jrizzill

Jrizzill

Developer
Reaction score
i also love the miui rom icons, but have not had any luck running the roms. i would like to use these icons on my droid without running miui. is it possible ??

If you are not running MIUI just use BetterCut / FolderOrganizer / Desktop Visualizer.

FHD

Reaction score
I cannot see any folder under /data folder (not in sdcard but in system memory)?

Blueprint

Reaction score
Would love to see some more different Sms icons. Preferably blue if anyone is up for it. All of these are super nice, btw. Keep it up.

EDIT: Can't get these to work. I got to /data/system/customized_icons, but I can't get the icons to replace.
Any ideas?

fox_dye

Reaction score
My data folder was also empty. As I would frequent that file often to change my boot animation. I was in formed that the boot animation was actually in media. Seems like its all there just shuffled around a bit.

OP
Jrizzill

Jrizzill

Developer
Reaction score
My data folder was also empty. As I would frequent that file often to change my boot animation. I was in formed that the boot animation was actually in media. Seems like its all there just shuffled around a bit.

Hmm, well I don't know why you guys are having these problems. This directory is built into the MIUI framework, so you HAVE to have this folder.

Note: I cannot see inside of my data folder using ASTRO, but I can using Root Explorer. However, I primarily make changes to my data folder using DroidExplorer via ADB on Windows. It's much easier to manage your files that way. Try using DroidExplorer and let me know what happens.

rev.buttons

Reaction score
Jrizzill, I love the icons but don't use miui, I use ud 1.0.0 so ill try one of the other formentioned ways to customize icons. With that being said I saw in one of the other posts that you don't use the miui rom but use its framework so that you have no app drawer and you scroll thru your screen. Is there a way to port this to the new ud or a file I can flash thru clockwork so I can set up like this too? It looks wicked sweet. Thx
Rev.

element192

Reaction score
Jrizzill, I love the icons but don't use miui, I use ud 1.0.0 so ill try one of the other formentioned ways to customize icons. With that being said I saw in one of the other posts that you don't use the miui rom but use its framework so that you have no app drawer and you scroll thru your screen. Is there a way to port this to the new ud or a file I can flash thru clockwork so I can set up like this too? It looks wicked sweet. Thx
Rev.

rev.buttons, I'm also running UD 1.0.0 and used FolderOrganizer to change the icons. You change them within FolderOrganizer and then add "FolderOrganizer Item" on your desktop to select what app you want. Using this method displays the custom icons. I'm not sure about your other question/request though, maybe somebody else can help with that.

rev.buttons

Reaction score
Element, did you custom make the icons or dl the icon packs and install them thru folder organizer? I dl that app and lloked at it but it doesn't make much sence yet, guess I need to get online to see how it works/instructions
Rev.

element192

Reaction score
Element, did you custom make the icons or dl the icon packs and install them thru folder organizer? I dl that app and lloked at it but it doesn't make much sence yet, guess I need to get online to see how it works/instructions
Rev.

I downloaded them. The online instructions are very helpful, I would suggest checking them out.
Once you open the program click the Apps tab then tap the arrow on the right of the app you want to change the icon of. Once you click Icon choose Android Image Gallery and use Astro (or whatever you use) to navigate to where the icons are stored and then choose the one you like. After that follow the instructions I mentioned above.
Good luck, Jriszzill did a great job on these.

rev.buttons

Reaction score
Rev.

I downloaded them. The online instructions are very helpful, I would suggest checking them out.
Once you open the program click the Apps tab then tap the arrow on the right of the app you want to change the icon of. Once you click Icon choose Android Image Gallery and use Astro (or whatever you use) to navigate to where the icons are stored and then choose the one you like. After that follow the instructions I mentioned above.
Good luck, Jriszzill did a great job on these.

Thanks man, I looked At the instructions...looks pretty easy, but if I read correctly it will only apply to a shortcut on the home screens but not in the drawer correct? Otherwise sweet